Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 1:26:07 PM EDT
Guys,

This is something I have been giving some thought to for the last two months. I like my SA RO, but I love the thought of the all steel Colt. The SA is a known quantity, but from what I've seen with Colt, each one is hit or miss on quality.  Would you please let me know your experiences with the Colt if you have one?

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys,

This is something I have been giving some thought to for the last two months. I like my SA RO, but I love the thought of the all steel Colt. The SA is a known quantity, but from what I've seen with Colt, each one is hit or miss on quality.  Would you please let me know your experiences with the Colt if you have one?

Thanks for the input.
View Quote

Over the years I have owned or shot about 20 colts and only one ever gave me any trouble with reliability including two combat commander models one in 45 and another in 9. I would trade with confidence
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The only Colt I ever had problems with was an older satin nickel Combat Commander in .45. When I say older it was a 70's (not Series 70) gun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Colts R awesome OP.

At least my experience with them has been awesome. Both 70 & 80 Series flavour.

But, if you like the RO, I would figure out a way to have both.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had a single issue with any of the Colt 1911s that I've owned. The ones that I've had in the last 9 years have been better overall quality than the earlier ones.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys, I appreciate your input. I can't keep both due to family budgetary requirements, so it is one of the other, and I think "all steel" might be the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait for a 5".

Commanders often don't run as reliably in real life as they do on the internet and the shorter slide just doesn't do much for the pistol since it has a steel frame.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently got  a NIB Colt Combat Commander. ( steel ) frame . Fucken ROCKS .   I have a 1973 Commander light weight also. The newer pistol shoots much better. I actually believe its the extra weight that tames it a little better. Mine has been 100% with a few hundred rounds through her.  I own 4 1911's . If I could only have one .... This is what I would keep.  I own a Colt Government, Springfield Government,and two mentioned pistols.  I got the blued ......Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I would try to hold onto both, I really like my RO Champion in 9MM and couldn't imagine parting with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top