Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 10:10:04 PM EDT
So I bought a Dan Wesson Valor a few months back and love the thing. Its the full size govt model. Recently I have been obsessed with getting another one, this time the VBob Valor. Went to my local gun store today and my dealer asked if I was interested in a Vbob factory blem. I studied the thing intently and can't see anything visibly wrong with it. Factory warranty on the mechanical. My guy seems to think it was a display gun somewhere but not sure I buy that. Anyway black duty finish, two mags and all the trimmings for $1,400.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a good deal to me. The blems are normally not even distinguishable so why not save several hundred dollars?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good deal. All the blems I have seen I couldn't see the blemish on them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a good deal. All the blems I have seen I couldn't see the blemish on them.
View Quote
I broke it down and went over it with a fine tooth comb. I can't find a darn thing.  Thinking I did good.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If the gun is new there will be a piece of paper in the box that's shows where the blemish is. It could be a simple flaw in finish or a line that's isn't 100% straight Ect none of which would be a concern to me. I think you did good myself.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the gun is new there will be a piece of paper in the box that's shows where the blemish is. It could be a simple flaw in finish or a line that's isn't 100% straight Ect none of which would be a concern to me. I think you did good myself.
View Quote
Good call on the piece of paper. I went through the case and found where the factory noted the blem. They called it a "pinhole inside the frame near the mag well." They circled a picture of the gun to indicate where it is. I broke it down and put the spot highlighted under a flashlight with a magnifying glass. Could not see it or find it. All in all I am happy. Can't wait to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top