Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 5:46:21 PM EDT
I have a Springfield 1911 loaded double stack. 14rnds in a 1911. anyway I am thinking of selling it. Its like new. Whats it worth? Gun Broker does not have any to compare with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pix
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it run good? 9mm or .45?

Not trying to buy it, just curious why you dont like it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it run good? 9mm or .45?

Not trying to buy it, just curious why you dont like it.
View Quote
I'm guessing 45 if it's 14rd. The 40SW doublestacks are usually 16rd flush, and the 9mm's are 18rd.

I assume some Para parts like mags/triggers fit
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to see some pictures, never saw one before
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
$450 without an idiot scratch.  $350 with.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would love to see some pictures, never saw one before
View Quote
IIRC it will be polymer, or mostly polymer, perhaps made by someone else.  Para has been doing it for a long time and their doublestacks don't really bring top dollar.  I wouldn't expect a Springer to, either.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IIRC it will be polymer, or mostly polymer, perhaps made by someone else.  Para has been doing it for a long time and their doublestacks don't really bring top dollar.  I wouldn't expect a Springer to, either.  
View Quote
The Kimber ones were polymer (BUL) and pretty good. I remember the Springfield ones and think they bragged up the "forged" part. But they didn't catch on apparently. I only remember seeing the double stack Springfield in a "mil spec" level of features.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Polymer?  Huh?

The Springfield was a Para clone but even more blocky and uncomfortable.  I only ever saw them in GI trim as well, which makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Someone here, I think either Derek45 or GregoryK, had two different frames crack on him when he was trying to compete with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top