https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VKgEwAY1Y8

I seem to do OK without.
View Quote
yes.... yes, you do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't care for mag wells at all, and have never flubbed a reload where a well would have made a difference. For me mag wells would go in the same category as two other things I hate that every 1911 makers has standardized on long triggers and flat mainspring housings- not every one has big hands and long fingers for the trigger especially. The blessing and curse of the 1911 is you can make it whatever you want it to be, but a preference for a mag well would probably be appealing to very few buyers.
View Quote
I will add to your dislikes, an ambi safety.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
+1 , the original design works just fine. Mags fall free and the fresh one slides right in. And it's already thick enough when I carry it concealed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't like them. The factory mag well with beveling works fine for me. Plus they make the gun look like a vacuum cleaner.
+1 , the original design works just fine. Mags fall free and the fresh one slides right in. And it's already thick enough when I carry it concealed.
Most magwells are more narrow than the grips. They add very little bulk. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sig has several models that come with the Hogue mainspring housing/magwell.  Both of my Tacops have it and it works and looks fine.

Honestly, I don't care either way as I don't carry a 1911 for SD.  But I do like the ones on my Tacops guns.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I never saw a need for one.  I have been firing 1911's since 1977.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top