Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:03:54 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a Range Officer but looking over the manual, I see that there is an internal lock called ILS.  I've done a tiny bit of research on this so far.

I was originally going to ask about removing it, and just a few minuets so, I ran across something that indicated only guns sold in CA have to have it. Does this mean it would be rare to find one outside of CA with ILS?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember right Springfield stopped putting them on last year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember right Springfield stopped putting them on last year.
View Quote
They stopped putting them in in Jan 2016.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll be sure not to buy any sight-unseen.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a new stainless Range Officer in .45acp.  It did not come with the ILS from Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Did they put in the normal weight maingspring too?  I might give them a call and see how much a non-ILS MSH would cost.  I hate that my RO Compact has one, and it was the first thing I removed on my Loaded
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they put in the normal weight maingspring too?  I might give them a call and see how much a non-ILS MSH would cost.  I hate that my RO Compact has one, and it was the first thing I removed on my Loaded
View Quote
Yes they went back to the traditional spring weights.  Not sure off the top of my head I think it's a 19lb main from the factory now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, been meaning to remove it from mine. But haven't gotten around to it. It doesn't really bother me that bad. I just don't think it should have been there in the first place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top