Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 11:03:02 PM EDT
I've been wanting some more aggressive grips for a while so i tried a pair of each.

The VZ operator 2 are the black ones on the smith .
The texture is pretty aggressive and "sharp" to the touch.
Shooting with them i did not need gloves i shot 104 rnds

The grey & black on the springfield are lok operators.
The texture is aggressive but not sharp. While i couldn't tell any difference in performance i'd prefer if they were sharp like the VZ.
Shot 104 rnds with these also.
I would prefer if they came up on the plunger tube like the VZ do.
Cool thing if you have a cheap mag-well like me they have them already fitted for it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in this same boat right now so I'm glad you posted these pictures. Out of the two different thumb reliefs you got, can you really tell a difference between the two? I'm leaning more towards what VZ calls the super scoop I think. I'm having a hell of a time getting to the mag release on my Sig without altering my grip a lot.

Also, if you had to choose, would you go with the VZ again even with the price difference?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in this same boat right now so I'm glad you posted these pictures. Out of the two different thumb reliefs you got, can you really tell a difference between the two? I'm leaning more towards what VZ calls the super scoop I think. I'm having a hell of a time getting to the mag release on my Sig without altering my grip a lot.

Also, if you had to choose, would you go with the VZ again even with the price difference?
View Quote
I would go with vz since i prefer the more agressive sharp texture.
If you dont care if its dull the lok are fine. They offer one thats says its the most agressive iirc roughnecks but idk how they feel
So i would go with what i know now.

Understand when i say the vz are sharp someone with soft hands isnt going to like them the lok's would be better
Or the vz would require a light sanding

Thumb reliefs yes you want the super scoop style it makes a huge difference.
I barely have to adjust my grip with the lok's to hit mag release.

The lok's arent bad by any means just personal prefrence between the two i prefer how agressive the vz are.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would go with vz since i prefer the more agressive sharp texture.
If you dont care if its dull the lok are fine. They offer one thats says its the most agressive iirc roughnecks but idk how they feel
So i would go with what i know now.

Understand when i say the vz are sharp someone with soft hands isnt going to like them the lok's would be better
Or the vz would require a light sanding

Thumb reliefs yes you want the super scoop style it makes a huge difference.
I barely have to adjust my grip with the lok's to hit mag release.

The lok's arent bad by any means just personal prefrence between the two i prefer how agressive the vz are.
View Quote
Yea the more aggressive the better. I'm one of those guys that put grip tape on everything, so I'm not afraid of it being too sharp. VZ sends out a discount every so often so I'll snag a pair then. I've been eyeing those Operators as well. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My vote is VZ hands down OP. If you like aggressive then their "Diamondbacks" offer the best "grip" for sure! I have a pair of "Hyena Brown" Diamondbacks on my CZ "P-01" thats in my cary rotation along with a LW Operator. They truly offer a no slip grip. This is coming from a guy that sweats in 55* weather. It's my Scottish genes that don't agree with this Atlanta latitude!

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer a grip that supports the plunger tube.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer a grip that supports the plunger tube.
View Quote
Amen to that! I've had a plunger tube come loose in under 3K rounds of use. It didn't cause a malfunction because the the grip was supporting it. I finished my range/training session as usual and addressed it afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The Hogue Magrips in the piranha finish are awesome too, plus they have the mag well built right in.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
All my pistols with removable grips run VZs.  For 1911's I love their Operator II's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top