Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I always thought it would be easier to reach the mag release if it were on the right side of the gun activating with trigger finger without having to change grip. For left handed it is already perfectly positioned for release with trigger finger which is pretty ideal
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:42:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Mag release is perfect just like it is for a lefty.  The safety on the other hand... 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You know...

I am righty, and the other day was doing some dry firing and drills and was thinking having a mag release like that would be so much easier (activating with the index finger)
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know...

I am righty, and the other day was doing some dry firing and drills and was thinking having a mag release like that would be so much easier (activating with the index finger)
View Quote
I've become a fan of the HK USP mag release.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I use trigger finger.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The main issue with the fully ambi button on a pistol is you can bump it while holstered and drop the mag.  FN is one of the only ones I can quickly think of that is fully ambi.  Everybody else has the button you can change from side to side.  HK and Walther's paddles don't have this issue.  A couple of people at work have asked to have their mag button on the outside to use their middle finger to release.  Any with an IWB holster have ask to switch back after dropping mags.  I think with a range gun it would be fine.  David
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Pistol mag releases where basically designed for lefties.  It's way easier to hit with your trigger finger.  Reloads are also much easier and quicker since you basically ride the slide release with your trigger finger and the inertia of seating the mag drops the slide.

The safety, well gotta have an ambi one of those.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistol mag releases where basically designed for lefties.  It's way easier to hit with your trigger finger.  Reloads are also much easier and quicker since you basically ride the slide release with your trigger finger and the inertia of seating the mag drops the slide.

The safety, well gotta have an ambi one of those.
View Quote

Good point, I agree.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Trigger finger....
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Southpaw here, most of the time I hit the mag release with my middle finger with no problem. I agree with some of the other replies, for me it's fine where it is, I have a couple hand guns that have the mag release on both sides and still use the left one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top