Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2017 9:54:40 PM EDT
I'm thinking of selling my Para through the EE here but am a total rookie at it.
Had my gunsmith put a price on the pistol..
But I would wouldn't mind a few pointers from the experts
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Describe the pistol accurately, include pictures, have a reasonable price.  Don't get offended by bargain shoppers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What was said above and have good clear photos. Take them outside in natural light they seem to come out better. Also being its a para don't have to high of hopes the don't sell real well being out of business and not having a very good reputation when they were.. Not trying to burst your bubble just being honest.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was said above and have good clear photos. Take them outside in natural light they seem to come out better. Also being its a para don't have to high of hopes the don't sell real well being out of business and not having a very good reputation when they were.. Not trying to burst your bubble just being honest.
View Quote

Honest opinions are welcome.
I'm not easily offended.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll give you my experience from when I sold my P-14 circa 2010. It was a fantastic pistol that would shoot anything and come back for more. Very reliable. When I sold it it was well used but in good condition. I tried to sell locally for $750 but no one would bite. Obviously the price was too high. I really wanted a single stack 1911 at the time and made a deal at the gun show to trade the P-14, two factory mags, and $300 for a stainless Colt Mk IV S80 that the dealer had priced at $850. That puts the value of that Para at $550, which is what I paid for it used in 2001. I hope that helps.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My personally suggestion is to put it in the back of the safe and wait until the next time a democrat is in office, it may be worth something then.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not easily offended.
View Quote

Keep thinking that, it will serve you well.  

What *I* do in selling something is go to Gun Broker & look at the "closed" auctions for the same gun, see where they sold at price wise? Prices can often vary greatly from region to region.

I agree that a Para is going to be a slow seller unless it's priced to move.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top