Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2016 6:28:12 PM EDT
This is nowhere close to being a reality, I must confess.

That being said, it seems neat.  I'm kind of tossing it on the long list. The "maybe pile" if you will.

Anyone have one? How do they shoot? Do you enjoy it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Had one.

Not a bad shooting gun,feels like shooting 45acp +P
Well built.

The bad-
Ammo is expensive and only available from Guncrafter.Wont be seeing this at your LGS.
You can reload by using .50AE bullets...but brass only available from Guncrafter.Reloading dies also from Guncrafter.
Non standard mags...only available from Guncrafter.

Otherwise a nice 1911.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had one.

Well built.

The bad-
Ammo is expensive and only available from Guncrafter.Wont be seeing this at your LGS.
You can reload by using .50AE bullets...but brass only available from Guncrafter.Reloading dies also from Guncrafter.

Otherwise a nice 1911.
View Quote

Thanks.

Just seems like it takes big and slow to the next level.

Why did you sell it?

I'm intrigued by 460 Rowland, but I don't want a big compensator hanging off a 1911.

I'd get a 10mm first, if I went away from .45, but this seems neat.

I know a lot of guys like 38 Super, it just doesn't do it for me personally.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks.

Why did you sell it?

I'm intrigued by 460 Rowland, but I don't want a big compensator hanging off a 1911.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had one.

Well built.

The bad-

Otherwise a nice 1911.

Thanks.

Why did you sell it?

Why did you sell it?

The bad-
Only one source for ammo,not a good thing if shit hit the fan scenario.

.38 Super is my favorite flavor next to .45acp.Both run flawless in the 1911 with the super reaching out further,flatter.
Inexpensive to reload,same components as 9mm except for brass.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Model 1 that I purchased a couple years after they were introduced.  It was my first 'higher' end 1911.  Build quality is great.  As mentioned in the other post, cost of ammo is high for range fmj ammo; about same price as .45 self defense ammo; but they now come in all different bullet weights.  I enjoyed their gun so much, I went on to purchase a Blackout Frag 1911 in 10mm and a No Name with Turnbull color case hardened frame in .45acp made by Guncrafter Industries.  

For me, it is more of a novelty to own a 1911 in .50GI.  Punching 1/2" holes in paper does make it easier to see where you hit the target.  Recoil is not much different than shooting a .45.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Have you looked at the 9x23mm Winchester?

It is a shame that the LAR Grizzly is no longer in production.  I believe that was the best 1911 type blaster ever.  And .45 Winmag is surprisingly available, considering how few guns were ever sold for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I just finished the transfer of a model 3 to a customer a couple days ago. He's thrilled with it and it came with a spare .45 barrel/mags.

Definitely a nice looking gun. I couldnt leave the counter to try it out though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top