Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 11:27:05 AM EDT
I was wanting to purchase a 1911 soon and was curious to what everyone's opinions about Ruger's 1911s.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, they are more than good to go...............
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Ruger LW 9mm Commander 1911 and love it. Fit and finish is great for a production gun, 4.5lb trigger with very little take up or over travel and very smooth with crisp break! It's very accurate and soft shooting with 115gr 9mm loads. It weighs less than my Colt LW  45 ACP Commander and has 2 more rounds in the mag and a round in the barrel for 11 total.  I've got 550 rds thru it so far with out any failures of any type. You can get some great prices on the net!.

</a>" />

This target was around 21 to 25 ft away. I'm not the best shot anymore but this is 32 rds from Wilson 500 - 9 10frd mags. I carry the 124gr Gold Dots as my defensive round. The cheaper 9mm ammo will let me get more practice in at the range!!

" />
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
They are good pistols for the money.  I like the fact that they are Series 70 pattern.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They are US made and of good quality.  Like most production 1911s, mine would ride the link, which is not exactly conducive to match accuracy.   But this is a common condition until you get into semi-custom territory.  For $650 I think they are a decent value.

Here is a report I posted here a while back:

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=111236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top