Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2016 9:40:01 PM EDT
I bought this Kimber back in 2009. This is when they were making their guns with external extractors. Any how I was having issues and send it right back to Kimber to get the issues resolved. They changed the slide to one with a normal 1911 extractor and Kimber said the issues were resolved,and they were. I knew I liked the gun and since they made things right I asked them to put front strapping and add a magwell extension to the gun. This cost me an additional $300, add a front night sight, and VZ grips and I'm in pretty deep. So my question is if I was going to try to sale this gun on EE where should I start?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Really looks clean in that one pic. But you will not get back what you have into it.  maybe 900.00. Maybe.

Search the web and see what they are selling for
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
750 800$ Max I would say. You can't buy a new TLE for not much more then that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feed back. I have been researching and have gone to a few local gun stores also. Problem there is they are looking for consignment money so I figured their prices may be inflated some what. I know I'm asking true 1911 enthusiast here and figured I would get a better Idea. Thanks to all for your help :-)
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have some good holsters and mags to go with it you might hit the 900 mark.

A couple years ago I bought a used SS pro carry that was a little scratched up for 750 with 2 mags. Not nearly as clean as yours. No checkering or magwell either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
How's the Galco holster? I think it's decent. And I like the Wilson 47D mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Update: I got offered $675 locally and I am going to accept his offer. A little less than I was wanting to get but I lost interest in the gun and am ready to move on. The 1911 was the first hand gun I ever shot and that was in USMC boot camp. The first gun I ever bought was a Glock 17 and it seems as though i have gone full circle with a Glock 19 as my go to gun along with a S&W Shield  or S&W 340 CT for deep concealment.  So the Kimber with no self defense purpose was collecting dust in the gun safe.  bye bye Kimber.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Pro Carry 2 in 9mm and it is one of my favorite guns.  That gun in 9mm is one of the most accurate I have at targets.  It is a pleasure to shoot and I purchased it used.  Called Kimber about it and they sent me free the recoil spring.  Great gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top