Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 10:29:59 PM EDT
I love the Warren Tactical tritiums on my Glocks.  I actually really liked the Wilson Nite Eyes that the 1996A2 came with.  But I am not wed to them.

I like a finer front sight post.

Got any recommendations?

I would like to change them myself and not require any additional dovetail work.  So I want them to fit the original cuts.

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
For some reason, I have it in my head the Nite Eyes were a proprietary dovetail cut?

Would love to see pics of your pistol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For some reason, I have it in my head the Nite Eyes were a proprietary dovetail cut?

Would love to see pics of your pistol.
View Quote

I don't know.  I think they are in a standard military dovetail cut.

My 1996 looks just like every other one out there.  Smooth front strap.  Enough honest wear to see.  But there is one difference.  I shot my gun for many years in IDPA.  It was plagued with infrequent but persistent reliability issues and went back to WC at least once (if not twice) to diagnose.  They sent me replacement mags (all I used was WC mags) and shot it to test but couldn't replicate the malfunctions.  Finally they rebuilt the gun with a new barrel.  They also refinished it so all of the patina of my years of competition was gone.  But it looked like a brand new pistol with a brand new barrel.  And it has been 100% ever since then.

The one difference is that when they refinished it they finished the entire hammer.  So I don't have the silver bare steel on the sides of the hammer.  Mine is all black.

WC was amazing to me.  No questions or defensiveness.  Just send us the gun and we will make it right.

On the plus side I got really good at clearing malfunctions and getting the gun running again without even thinking about it, even under the heat of competition.

Then, shortly after I got it back from the WC rebuild and confirming it was completely fixed and reliable, my life took a turn toward the family (shooting dropped off my priority list).  And I switched to Glocks ease of use.

Now, just about 20 years after purchasing that gun new, I am again drawn to it.  What a handgun.  I love it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You will have to find out but newer Wilson all have a proprietary sight cut. So you are very limited in sights that will work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That's cool. I always thought the 1996A2s were cool pistols.

Personally, I'd just replace the Nite Eyes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If the sights have trijicon drivers just send the slide to trijicon and have the tubes replaced in the factory sights.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for info as the sights on my 1996A2 are very dim. I'll post up some pics soon. I don't shoot it very often, she's a safe queen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
My 1996A2 is 20 years old.  The tritium is shot.  They have been dark for a number of years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I might just suck it up and send it back to WC.  It will be worth the money to have only WC work on it.

I am debating having them checker the front strap too but that would require another refinishing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I would definitely have it checkered myself. Worth every penny IMO
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the rec.  I am thinking about it.  But that is about a Glock's worth of money right there!  And then the sights.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the rec.  I am thinking about it.  But that is about a Glock's worth of money right there!  And then the sights.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
A lot better then any Glock...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A lot better then any Glock...
View Quote

I love them all. Especially these two. Sorry, not trying to jack your thread OP. Still want to know what to do about the sights on the 1996A2......

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Love that two tone!  Is that a SS frame or finish over carbon steel?

I would put a set of combat recessed adjustable sights on that puppy.  I have always loved black over silver 1911's.  I need one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Love that two tone!  Is that a SS frame or finish over carbon steel?

I would put a set of combat recessed adjustable sights on that puppy.  I have always loved black over silver 1911's.  I need one.
View Quote

I honestly don't know. I believe it's all carbon steel though. I could be wrong. Yep, the two tone caught my eye when I bought the 1996 used. I've never fired a smoother more accurate pistol. It's like having a laser pointer in your hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top