Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2016 6:39:44 PM EDT
About to go out with the wife when my neighbor comes over and knocks on the door. He's an older gentleman about to retire. He's about 30yrs my senior and we are cordial but aren't super close. Opens up a new Taurus box and shows me a stainless PT1911 that has adjustable sights with aftermarket wood grips,2 mags and extra Wilson Combat mag, extra aftermarket improved takedown tool. He also has 200rds factory ball ammo and some snap caps. Says "you know anyone who wants to buy all this for $400". I know Taurus is no Kimber/WC but I didn't hesitate. Did I do ok? Yes.....this is a brag post. He said he bought it new and put 150rds through it. He's an older engineer and not a shooter. The gun is pristine and I believe him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics not loading...
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics not loading...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics not loading...

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You did real good.  My Taurus 1911's work perfect and are accurate.

Just recently I had to put some locktite on the front sight screw and base because it came loose.  

That's it for problems.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a Sig, Springfield, STI ,Nighthawk ,Wilson? I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, at least it's better than a Kimber.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my kimbers have been as reliable as my Ed Browns, Springfields, Colt....

well done op, just beware, 1911s seem to breed in the safe
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what the Kimber hate is all about on this forum...for the price they charge they make a decent gun.  Sure, others make better guns, but for $700-$800 only maybe a SA Loaded can beat a Custom II or a TLE.  

Don't be a bandwagoner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
About to go out with the wife when my neighbor comes over and knocks on the door. He's an older gentleman about to retire. He's about 30yrs my senior and we are cordial but aren't super close. Opens up a new Taurus box and shows me a stainless PT1911 that has adjustable sights with aftermarket wood grips,2 mags and extra Wilson Combat mag, extra aftermarket improved takedown tool. He also has 200rds factory ball ammo and some snap caps. Says "you know anyone who wants to buy all this for $400". I know Taurus is no Kimber/WC but I didn't hesitate. Did I do ok? Yes.....this is a brag post. He said he bought it new and put 150rds through it. He's an older engineer and not a shooter. The gun is pristine and I believe him.
View Quote

$400 is cheap for any working gun.  Hopefully it works :)

The only 1911 you could have bought for a similar price is an RIA.  While I might have picked the RIA, a bird in the hand...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The only 1911 you could have bought for a similar price is an RIA.  While I might have picked the RIA, a bird in the hand...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually had been on the lookout for a RIA 1911 and the best pricing I found was in the $450-$480 range for an A1 no frills gun with two mags. The grips on the Taurus ended up being VZ wood grips I think and had Novak sights. The trigger felt pretty amazing when I was messing with it.....pretty surprised at how crisp it was......its a Taurus after all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a PT1911 too and love it, just the taurus mags it came with are garbage, so stick with the wilson combat (i had to get some)

Only issue I have with it is that is hates anything hollow point. Shoots ball all day long no issues, but if you load hollow points it always catches and ftf's
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
You made a good buy, enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#13]
there are 2 types of Taurus 1911's, ones that work, and ones that don't, if it doesn't, i hear they have great customer service.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]
lol putting kimber in the same league as WC

"Oh sure I'll buy your civic.  I mean it's not a corvette or a bugatti or anything..."
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#16]
You either have a 1911 or a 1911 shaped paperweight.

Shoot it and find out!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lol putting kimber in the same league as WC

"Oh sure I'll buy your civic.  I mean it's not a corvette or a bugatti or anything..."
View Quote

WC's feed everything.

They don't break. I have two high round count Wilsons.

They are not in the same league as Kimber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top