Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 12:34:28 PM EDT
I picked up this nice little pistol on trade and upon tearing it down, discovered the smaller, internal recoil spring is bent, like someone didn't put it together properly when they disassembled the unit.  I'm brand new to 1911's and haven't found a thing on Google where to purchase a replacement and really don't even know if it will make a difference.  That being said, I'd just rather have things be "right" either way, so I'd like to purchase a replacement.  Problem is, I can't find any place to source the parts...Google turned up very little information.  The recoil spring assembly looks like this:
(not my picture, but it's the smaller internal spring)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the Regent 1911s are imported by Umarex. Why don't you send them an Email, or just call and ask them? Other than the spring issue, how do you like it?

I have been thinking about one as a truck gun.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't shot it yet, but it seems pretty legit for a sub-$500 1911.  It came with one 7 rd magazine labeled as a colt, so I went to Cabelas and grabbed an 8 rd WC...but when I load it full, it doesn't seat in the gun unless I remove 1 round.  I'm assuming everyone probably knows that, but like I said, being a complete newb to 1911's, I was a bit taken back.  It looks like I have a lot to learn about these things.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
8RD will lock in place, may just require a harder hit.

the tilt may be normal if the hole that rod rides in is a bit larger that the rod od.

can you wiggle the assembly
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I called Umarex and they said they have cut ties with the makers of this gun because it was too hard to import parts.  They said they have no idea where to find a replacement spring; they apparently are trying to figure it out themselves.  This is pretty discouraging to the say the least.  They said I could go find a spring maker and have one made...yes....you read that right.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You may be able to use an Officer's recoil spring assembly.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=169&pg=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top