Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 2:08:11 AM EDT
Since he signed the bill, that means government 1911's will become available yes? So this thread is where to buy them from! Post where and when you can snap up government 1911's!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
standing by.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I think we will be standing by for a good while until CMP can get up to speed on them!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think we will be standing by for a good while until CMP can get up to speed on them!
View Quote

They had posted on another forum (and it was in the other thread) that it could take more than a year or two to get them all ready to be sold.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Username is ironic, since he has two of these threads going at the same time. Click your selector over one notch, please.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
In for the retarded prices.

Already looking at one at one of the LGSs here, they want $1500 for a Colt - which is not bad.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Shouldn't this drive prices down by flooding the market with WWII 1911's?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It didn't work that way with Garands
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

One would think.

But, these will probably be battle-worn examples, so I wouldn't expect really clean 1911's to drop in value.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They had posted on another forum (and it was in the other thread) that it could take more than a year or two to get them all ready to be sold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my understanding also....the Army has possession and must coordinate release....it's likely to happen but could be a while
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One would think.

But, these will probably be battle-worn examples, so I wouldn't expect really clean 1911's to drop in value.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would think.

If by chance there are any "correct " guns that have not been rebuilt then I would bet that those would go to auction....a correct Colt of decent condition starts at about $2000 and up from there.....considering that 1911 pistols have not been built in 70 years how many do you think are correct?

Arsenal rebuilds can currently be had for under a grand in today's market
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Setting funds aside, even if I don't ultimately make a purchase.

ETA: Tageronios.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm already renewing me CMP subscription, and setting $$$ aside. I'm getting one regardless
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would think.

where? I want an old school 1911 but something it won't hurt me to shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One would think.

I bought an all original COLT government model made in 1933 from SARCO for $500.00  

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't wait for what sounds too good to be true.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If by chance there are any "correct " guns that have not been rebuilt then I would bet that those would go to auction....a correct Colt of decent condition starts at about $2000 and up from there.....considering that 1911 pistols have not been built in 70 years how many do you think are correct?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One would think.

So you think these will be arsenal-rebuilt guns (for the most part?)

My thought is that they will be original GI-issued sidearms, and the condition will vary depending on whether it was issued to a clerk in Germany, or a Marine in Luzon.  They'll do function tests, and test fire them, but I didn't get the impression that they will spend a lot of time rebuilding these.

But then, I don't know a darn thing!  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I read this in an NRA-ILA article.  What does it mean?

"The component of the CMP that dispenses the pistols would be required to
obtain a federal firearms license and abide by all requirements of the
Gun Control Act pertaining to licensed sales and transfers."

Sounds to me like it's not going to be the usual CMP transfer.  Sounds like the CMP is going to be the exclusive licensed dealer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
the USGI 1911's i saw in the 1980's were all beat to hell

not holding my breath
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My thought is that they will be original GI-issued sidearms, and the condition will vary depending on whether it was issued to a clerk in Germany, or a Marine in Luzon.  They'll do function tests, and test fire them, but I didn't get the impression that they will spend a lot of time rebuilding these.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would think.

That would be a rare gun if it was issued to a Marine on Luzon!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would think.

Keep your eyes open they are out there...here is an example ...GB will be higher than what you can find locally but they are out there
GB
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an RR in about that condition....maybe a bit better.  It's a solid, relaible shooter and can hold its own at 15 yards.  I would LOVE to have a proper Colt in that condition or better.

I still don't quite get why Colt keeps doing solid 1911 repros but has ceased to continue doing 1911A1 repros.  I'd kill for a modern CNC / state of the art metallurgy WW II repro 1911A1.....why they don't do those from time to time puzzles me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have an RR in about that condition....maybe a bit better.  It's a solid, relaible shooter and can hold its own at 15 yards.  I would LOVE to have a proper Colt in that condition or better.

I still don't quite get why Colt keeps doing solid 1911 repros but has ceased to continue doing 1911A1 repros.  I'd kill for a modern CNC / state of the art metallurgy WW II repro 1911A1.....why they don't do those from time to time puzzles me.
View Quote

That they ran the company into bankruptcy puzzles me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

They tried it with the WWII repro a few years ago as you mentioned but most people felt for the same $$$ they would rather have the real deal....still a problem with the WWII repros in the used market
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One would think.

I didn't know there were no Marines there.  Guadalcanal, then....

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would think.

The last GI 1911A1 pistols were produced no later than 1945. 1911 pistols issued as a millitary sidearm were all from 1945 or before this includes the 1911 and 1911A1. Most have been rebuilt multiple times and as most guys who carried them will tell you they are by and large well used. Now that doesnt mean that there aren't some "correct" examples out there that have the same parts they left Colt/Rand/Ithaca etc.with but you can bet those will be pulled and probably sent to auction by CMP.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The last GI 1911A1 pistols were produced no later than 1945. 1911 pistols issued as a millitary sidearm were all from 1945 or before this includes the 1911 and 1911A1. Most have been rebuilt multiple times and as most guys who carried them will tell you they are by and large well used. Now that doesnt mean that there aren't some "correct" examples out there that have the same parts they left Colt/Rand/Ithaca etc.with but you can bet those will be pulled and probably sent to auction by CMP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One would think.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#28]
If they are anything like the ones that we have in our armory then they will be a mixed bag.  We've got some that are still in GI configuration, some have been milled for different sights, some have drop in beavertails, some have fitted bevertails with bobbed or replaced hammers, some have new production commercial slides from varying companies.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They tried it with the WWII repro a few years ago as you mentioned but most people felt for the same $$$ they would rather have the real deal....still a problem with the WWII repros in the used market
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.  Would still like either one, though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top