Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 9:49:49 AM EDT
Thinking about looking into some.

A google search reveals two options.

Heinie suppressor sights from NH Custom.(out of stock, looks like its unlisted from their website, as only the google search brings it up, so chances are its no longer available)

Trijicon makes a RMR/Suppressor sight mount package, not really trying to go this route as the slide will have to be machines to accept it.

I have Novak style cuts.

You guys know of anywhere else to look?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nighthawk, if you can find them in stock:

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/shop/sights/suppressor-sights-for-1911s.html
View Quote

Looks unavailable. Like a limited run

Only can access that link through google. Doesn't show up when you go through their website and click on sights.

Silencerco makes some I have found, but their XS dot
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have issues shooting with the standard sights?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have issues shooting with the standard sights?
View Quote

Groups have opened up a decent amount suppressed vs unsuppressed

I believe this to be due to having black sights, immediately followed by the black piston assembly of the can. Makes it pretty hard to see if the sights are centered up right. Tips of the sights are covered by the black can
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
You sure bring up a good point that suppressor height sights for 1911's are tough to find. Let us know how you make out. One thought I had was to have a set 3d printed with stainless steel from some place like Shapeways.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You sure bring up a good point that suppressor height sights for 1911's are tough to find. Let us know how you make out. One thought I had was to have a set 3d printed with stainless steel from some place like Shapeways.
View Quote

Im gunna try one last thing before I take the plunge.

Really the factory sights are just barely covered by the can.

I think the issue is the black on black on black, of the sight and also the can.

Im gunna paint the rear portion of the can white I believe and give it one last shot as I think that will help tremendously. I think the main issue is its very hard to tell if everything is aligned properly due to everything being black

I have sent an email to NH about the heinie sights they "carry" but have gotten no response in over a day. I think they are no longer available

Silencerco makes a set, but they are XS dot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top