Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 1911 build. I have the slide and lower receiver already. Now I just need to pull the trigger on the parts. Are there any pearls out there that you would consider a must do on parts? Example, a beefed up extractor or certain parts for the trigger pull, etc.

Any last advice would be great. I have a couple of 1911's and some are really accurate pieces so on this one I just want something that functions and runs on most types of ammo and has a nice trigger pull. I'm a stickler for nice trigger pulls. It doesn't have to be really light, but breaks clean and no multiple stages, etc. I guess growing up in bullseye shooting has spoiled my senses.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had good luck with Wilson, Ed Brown and EGW parts.

I haven't used much in the way of Fusion parts, but feel I should mention them as they are popular with some people.

Genuine Colt parts also work well.

Should also mention that a couple of times I have used Smith % Wesson parts, and was favorably impressed with both the quality and the price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Best handgun you will own,
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My 2 cents, Wilson Combat Bullet Proof extractor and slide stop. I like the Ed Brown thumb and grip safety. Cylinder and Slide trigger group.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Flat bottom firing pin stop. Checkmate 7 round wadcutter lip mags, and Wolff 11# springs. Samuse turned me onto those. 16lb recoil spring, and either a 23, or 25 lb mainspring.

Harrison TR sear and hammer. EGW grip safety, and whatever sights you like that use a Novak cut.

If you change out the trigger, use a Harrison trigger with a fixed overtravel stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top