Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2015 12:48:01 PM EDT
This will be my first 1911.

I'm currently between,

-SIG Scorpion threaded barrel  (lots of reviews out)
The external extractor is really the only thing keeping me away I think, purely aestitics as I understand SIG's extractor works fine.

Or

-Kimber Warrior SOC TFS  (anyone have one?)
More money, no large magwell, no front checkering, bad experiences with past Kimber use.
-Kimber Warrior TFS

I'm looking for a factory threaded 1911, in this general price range.
Wants,

-some idea of reliability
-Checkering front/back
-ambi safety
-rail
-large magwell

What other options do I have? Only large manufactures please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
-Sig has square "Sig" not 1911 slide
-Sig has EE
-Sig has weird magwell grips, can't change them out unless you replace the "magwell" grips and the MSH to work with traditional 1911 pattern
-I've had issues mounting my X300 on the first run of Scorps... there' something off about their rail dimensions
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I know its not on your list, but I'd look at the Sig 1911 Tac Ops TB..........I had one, and shot it with my Osprey 45, and it was super quiet. Ran like a top, and was super accurate......came with four 8-round mags too. Zero issues.

They can be had for around $1000
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Tac Ops TB which I like very much.  For a factory TB 1911, its really a great option.  

If you want to take the extra step: buy just about any 1911 plus an aftermarket threaded barrel and have gunsmith fit it for you.  I thought about this approach, in part because I had a couple of 1911s already that would have been candidates for a new barrel, but opportunity knocked one day in the form of the Tac Ops at my LGS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't limit yourself to factory threaded guns.

Here's my Colt Combat Elite with a Nowlin barrel fit and threaded by Wilson Combat.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a tacops as well. Cant say anything bad about it except i too had a bit of a time getting a x300u to go on as well. Had to loosen mounting screws by half a turn each
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't limit yourself to factory threaded guns.

Here's my Colt Combat Elite with a Nowlin barrel fit and threaded by Wilson Combat.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1041068/fullsize/100_1931.jpg
View Quote

Niceeee.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a tacops as well. Cant say anything bad about it except i too had a bit of a time getting a x300u to go on as well. Had to loosen mounting screws by half a turn each
View Quote

this has been my experience as well with the sig emperor scorpion. Overall it has been a fantastic pistol has ate everything I have fed it* is accurate and easy to shoot. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

* only issue I have had is with one of the supplied mags shooting 185gr SWC reloads. the other factory mag feeds fine as well as the CMC power mags I have for it as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi guys, I posted a similer reply in the sig forum , but since there are several of you with the tac-ops i'll ask hear as well.
My new tac -ops is hitting at least 6" low @+- 25 yds with the night sights it came with.
any of you guys run into that and how did you correct? hold high or replace sights ? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Just low, or low and left?

If low and center for more than one shooter I would send the gun back to sig and have them fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top