Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2015 8:21:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They are not available until tomorrow. Or I had to email my updated info and don't want them to run out before then.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My order went through the first, chaotic night they were listed.  Took a bit of effort, but I finally got it processing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Have to prove citizenship? What do they want, my passport?

bah I can live without them.

We cannot process this order because you are either ordering an item that requires your file to show proof of U.S. citizenship or membership in a CMP affiliated club, or this order will exceed the purchase limit we have placed on an item. Proof of citizenship or club membership can be faxed to 256-835-3527, emailed to [email protected] or mailed to CMP, 1401 Commerce Blvd, Anniston, AL 36207. Please see the block below for specific reason: CITIZEN
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We cannot process this order because you are either ordering an item that requires your file to show proof of U.S. citizenship or membership in a CMP affiliated club, or this order will exceed the purchase limit we have placed on an item. Proof of citizenship or club membership can be faxed to 256-835-3527, emailed to [email protected] or mailed to CMP, 1401 Commerce Blvd, Anniston, AL 36207. Please see the block below for specific reason: CITIZEN
View Quote

The CMP requires proof of citizenship, proof of marksmanship activity, and a club membership in shooting organizations. The advantage is that they have great prices because they are chartered by congress to sell surplus directly from the military and can ship rifles right to your front door.

If you are military, I think that covers all of their requirements so you can just send in a copy of your orders I think.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The CMP requires proof of citizenship, proof of marksmanship activity, and a club membership in shooting organizations. The advantage is that they have great prices because they are chartered by congress to sell surplus directly from the military and can ship rifles right to your front door.

If you are military, I think that covers all of their requirements so you can just send in a copy of your orders I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see sending documentation in for a rifle, but I am not inclined to do it for a couple of cheap mags.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I could see sending documentation in for a rifle, but I am not inclined to do it for a couple of cheap mags.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CMP requirements are the same for rifles and surplus items.  You can buy commercial stuff from them without the documentation.  The benefit to sending the documents is that you are all set to order a rifle, or other limited surplus items when they pop up.  

The thing that gets me.  How can you be against sending a government sanctioned marksmanship program some documentation for the benefit of purchasing surplus items at good prices, but you were willing to send this website your DD214 so you could have a little tank symbol on your profile?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I got mine ordered. You may now buy the rest.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The CMP requirements are the same for rifles and surplus items.  You can buy commercial stuff from them without the documentation.  The benefit to sending the documents is that you are all set to order a rifle, or other limited surplus items when they pop up.  

The thing that gets me.  How can you be against sending a government sanctioned marksmanship program some documentation for the benefit of purchasing surplus items at good prices, but you were willing to send this website your DD214 so you could have a little tank symbol on your profile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not against sending them documentation if there is something I really want, but the trouble required for that isn't worth $2 saving on surplus mags I can get elsewhere.
If they ever get 1911s or more M1 carbines I might well do it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am not against sending them documentation if there is something I really want, but the trouble required for that isn't worth $2 saving on surplus mags I can get elsewhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem you will find is they will get something in and it will sell out before you can set your account up.

Do it now. Order a Garand. Be prepared for what is next.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Yah, I blew it off too after running into the 'documentation wall'. I mean, you already swear to all that when you accept the terms and conditions. So then what do they want? I'm an NRA member and a member of a range, but anybody could say that. I don't need any low-bid mags that bad.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]
so whats so special about these magazines?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Legit .mil surplus I guess.   That and they're fairly cheap, so mag whoring is easier to do.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Many of the current "gi surplus" mags on the market today are actually Chinese made knockoffs with poor quality. With the cmp you know you are getting actual usgi mags made to proper specifications.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#14]
So is anybody else not finding these today?  The link seems to be dead...
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That means they are sold out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Legit .mil surplus I guess.   That and they're fairly cheap, so mag whoring is easier to do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A limit of 10 per customer is "mag whoring"?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok so small time pimping then ....happy?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine came today
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah i went back to look and they were gone...had seen it a few days ago and was thinking about grabbing a few...

reason i waited is i had always thought checkmate mags were not very good so wanted to do some research but than got busy forgot about it..
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Well they were showing stock again tonite - but I hit the documents wall too.

Figured I needed another 1911 if nothing else for guests to play with... The ammo cans of 45 get empty too quick if it all goes to feed the SMG.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#21]
These are clearly older stock, so would these have the followers that are known to damage aluminum frame 1911's?

I bought a couple of .22 rifles from the CMP a few years ago (Remington 541X and the Mossberg US44) so I wouldn't have any trouble buying from them again.

I just don't know if I really want these magazines even though I've got about a half dozen 1911 Govt.'s and Commanders and could use them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These are clearly older stock, so would these have the followers that are known to damage aluminum frame 1911's?

I bought a couple of .22 rifles from the CMP a few years ago (Remington 541X and the Mossberg US44) so I wouldn't have any trouble buying from them again.

I just don't know if I really want these magazines even though I've got about a half dozen 1911 Govt.'s and Commanders and could use them.
View Quote

Follower is captive. Doesn't matter.

Colt ships similar mags with alloy guns.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine came in today. Brand new in double wrapper. Very cool.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, got the same one's, mags are "dry" on the inside, follower needs to be oiled a bit to allow side to be locked open.  I removed the follower and hit all sides that touch the mag body with 600 grit paper, then wiped all clean with CLP and now holds open slide and ejects like it should.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Sent in the proof of citizen docs and received confirmation that my account had been updated.

Tried to checkout again and it failed - this time for club affiliation... Why could it not have listed that on the initial checkout. Flog your web admin and make him go replace targets at matches for every weekend next month.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sent in the proof of citizen docs and received confirmation that my account had been updated.

Tried to checkout again and it failed - this time for club affiliation... Why could it not have listed that on the initial checkout. Flog your web admin and make him go replace targets at matches for every weekend next month.
View Quote

My club affiliation expired, so I sent a copy of the new one last week.  Still haven't been approved yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine took a week to come in, they look good.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Tested them today, 3 mags, 33 rounds through two, 34 rounds one. No issues. All FMJ 230gr. For 8 bucks I wonder why I had that Wilson a Combat phase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top