Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 7:25:02 PM EDT
Made in 67. Finish not great. Too much money. I'd say it's worth $800 tops.
What value would you say?

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll be hard pressed to find a pre-70 commercial in decent shape for less than $1000.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy it.

Where else are you going to get one if you really want it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm holding out for one made in 65.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking for a 68.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
They will likely get between $950 and a grand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that the same one that is pitted all to hell on the other side?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't look at the other side.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'll drop my appraisal to around $700.00 based on the lousy right side pic.

A WW2 USGI Colt in that shape for what they want, decent buy, [sadly] but a commercial in that shape from the 60s, hell no.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Wrong grips, of course, but I like them better than the originals. I also use a set of 'large ring' Colt WWII grips on my 1953.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote

Pretty rough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess the term budget, goes out the window if you send it to Turnbulls for a full restoration. It  will look nice though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]
My old man has a colt 1911 in 45acp. It's probably the most accurate old time 45 I've ever used. Never mentioned it before on any forum. Supposedly has a bit of history to it. I may check it out someday. It's chrome plated and has triple crowns across the ejection port. He worked auto body/auto mechanics years ago. Anyway, he worked on a car but the guy was a bit tapped cash wise, this was in the 50's. He offered my pops this 45 in lieu of cash. Here's the thick part. He told him it came off the British pistol team and that the parts came off the assembly line sequentially, meaning barrel 100 is mated to lower 100 and so on. Don't know if it's a crap story or not as I'm pretty sure it may have been a lend lease model and the parts came out of a basket. Not sure but I was issued 45's and the things were rattle traps. This one doesn't make a sound when you shake it, everything is so tight as if it were a custom job. Again, I have no idea. Someday I'll check it out starting with Colt.

As a side story relating with issued ones. One year during qualification, yes, we did qualify with 45's back in the day not just 16's or your primaries (mine was a 106, I'll post a swiped image later down for the iggies), the LT., who I suspected didn't really care for me I think, gave me this rusted out POS to go to town with. First shot the rear sight fell off. I'm like, "Yo LT., bit of an issue here." He told me tough shit, you started with it, you need to finish with it. I'm like great, like it's a golf ball. "Really, will I get a mulligan or something". Prick. Still got another expert bar with it in the end. just used the back hump and front sight. He was at a bit of a loss. Prick.

I had to do a search for a 106 so it's a snatched image. Things were a blast. Could be configured a few different was to fire. This ones a jeep mount, my fav.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn that's pitted.

Like the other poster said, that's a 600-700 dollar gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top