Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 9:56:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stop me before I buy again I bought a "Tisas" "classic" 1911, why or why I do not know It looks like a knock off of an old USGI 1911 with that crappy ass little sights. Anyone have experience with these?
View Quote

I have heard several people claim the foreign 1911s do quite well.  

I assume Emperor Cuomo only lets you shoot rubber bands out of it though?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it? I'm making it into a cigar lighter.
View Quote

Well, in that case...
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that's probably also acceptable.  Are you still allowed to use tobacco products there?  Or is it just a decorative lighter?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well that's probably also acceptable.  Are you still allowed to use tobacco products there?  Or is it just a decorative lighter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They're trying to ban lighters that don't look like lighters.  So my high-capacity, automatic, M16 assault lighter will be illegal.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stop me before I buy again I bought a "Tisas" "classic" 1911, why or why I do not know It looks like a knock off of an old USGI 1911 with that crappy ass little sights. Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK8ffcLL3A

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/eng/index2.php?p=tfilmi

View Quote

Hickok liked it. That's good enough for me. Turkey has some of the most modern gun plants in the world. Its like they have picked up from where FEG left off, and then some. If they made a High-Power it would be cool. I imagine there are some out-of-spec features on that pistol but taken as it is, a working 1911 of good quality for $399, why not?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#9]
My brother has one.  He loves it.  He ended up buying water buffalo grips and putting them on it.  It looks good.  He likes the way it shoots.  I don't believe he has had any issues with it in the first 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
If they are anything like the Turk 9mm's, should be a pretty good gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Aren't Rock Islands in the same price range?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aren't Rock Islands in the same price range?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, I have one those too
View Quote

By all means good sir, get both and report back on which is superior.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought the RIA myself.  I looked at the Turkish gun after that.  Couldn't choose one over the other with only a visual examination.

I have also looked at Turkish shotguns.

I really don't know why I have such an interest in economy guns, probably just a contrary streak.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#16]
My Regent 100 had a sloppy frame to slide fit after a few hundred rounds. In my experience, a RIA 1911 would be a better value.

The front strap is a lot thicker and out of spec as is the trigger track. I've owned quite a few 1911s and I'd take any of them over a Regent.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought one and I'm happy with it. Sweet shooting gun and no problems so far with 300+ rounds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My Regent 100 had a sloppy frame to slide fit after a few hundred rounds. In my experience, a RIA 1911 would be a better value.

The front strap is a lot thicker and out of spec as is the trigger track. I've owned quite a few 1911s and I'd take any of them over a Regent.

http://i.imgur.com/8pRX9lO.jpg

View Quote

Which is which.  

You gave some good input.  Could you please provide more, if you are willing?  

I am thinking about a Colt Defender.  Obviously, the price will be vastly different, but I want to try something cheaper before I spend the extra bucks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Which is which.  

I am thinking about a Colt Defender.  Obviously, the price will be vastly different, but I want to try something cheaper before I spend the extra bucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is which.  

The Regent is on the right. The front strap is at least 3 times thicker than normal and the OAL of the grip front to back is bigger because of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Regent is on the right. The front strap is at least 3 times thicker than normal and the OAL of the grip front to back is bigger because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is which.  

Thank you.  I meant the gun as a whole.  Would you expand on the gun overall please.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thank you.  I meant the gun as a whole.  Would you expand on the gun overall please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is which.  

The frame to slide fit was like a rattle can after a few hundred rounds, but I've peened the frame rails which has worked so far. The trigger track was far too thin and very rough to add any sort of trigger, but after enough time I managed to get one to fit. The machining inside is okay, but it takes extra time to fit any type of part you may want to add. There's reasons why you can find them even cheaper than the already very inexpensive Rock Island Armory 1911s which I own 4 of.

I've owned the Regent for a few years now. The accuracy isn't bad and it has been 100% reliable, but over time I've replaced everything except the frame,slide and barrel. Like I suggested before, I'd go with a RIA 1911 if you're looking for something less expensive. My other 1911s consist of Ruger, Kimber, Dan Wesson, Colt, RIA and Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The frame to slide fit was like a rattle can after a few hundred rounds, but I've peened the frame rails which has worked so far. The trigger track was far too thin and very rough to add any sort of trigger, but after enough time I managed to get one to fit. The machining inside is okay, but it takes extra time to fit any type of part you may want to add. There's reasons why you can find them even cheaper than the already very inexpensive Rock Island Armory 1911s which I own 4 of.

I've owned the Regent for a few years now. The accuracy isn't bad and it has been 100% reliable, but over time I've replaced everything except the frame,slide and barrel. Like I suggested before, I'd go with a RIA 1911 if you're looking for something less expensive. My other 1911s consist of Ruger, Kimber, Dan Wesson, Colt, RIA and Springfield Armory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is which.  

Great!  Thanks again.  I'll follow your lead and try the RIA before I spring for something a little more substantial.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Never mind, I was gonna ask why but you don't know.  Neither do I.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top