Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
In time I will be sending my MC Operator back to Springfield for some extras. This far I am looking to get these things done: 11 degree crown on barrel and flush cut, fit extended mag release (having a hard time getting to the stock release while maintaining my master grip, checkered mainspring housing (non-ILS), S&A 1- piece mag well to match bevel on frame, recessed lanyard loop to mainspring housing, hand checker front strap (25lpi), checker underneath the trigger guard, undercut front strap (style: undercut it without flattening the strap), round butt of frame and mainspring housing, armor kote the frame black to match the slide.  Will be contacting SA in regards to an extended slide release to see what is offered by them or what is recommended as to this is not in the custom shop PDF file.

What I am asking from you guys/gals is in regards to a trigger.  They, SA, offer this: fit match trigger (specify speed, long match, short match with no adjustment of.trigger pull and this, action job with tool steel match hammer and sear, lightweight trigger which is required for trigger pull less than 4 pounds).  Can someone school me on the trigger?

I use the MC Operator at the local college range whenever we have LEO in-service firearms training on the basic targets and the Texas star plate target, and also when instructing rookie school.

If there's any other information you would like to recommend please do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
MC Operator already has the speed LW trigger. Are you not happy with the trigger performance? If that's the case, you only need a trigger job. If you don't like the three hole trigger at all, you can have them replace with different trigger. My MC Operator out of the box has amazing trigger and no need to spend any extra money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Also in my opinion, there is no reason to spend more for hand checkering. SA machine checkering is top notch and cheaper. You can not round butt frame/MSH since you are installing S&A magwell. In stead, you  can slightly bevel the back end of magwell because you want to install lanyard loop. You need room for lanyard loop.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=452289
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It just doesn't seem smooth. Smooth enough as one of my associate's STI 1911.  I will go with the action job.  Thanks for your input on the 1911 platform.  I have not shot a 1911 in several years as I have only been using our issued service weapon the Glock 23 and the 34 for the extra stuff on the training center range.  My Combat Commander has been a long time safe queen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to help. Call Springfield Custom Shop and ask to speak to a custom smith or David Williams, the Director. They will give you excellent recommendation. For my last build by SACS, David called me go over some stuff I wanted to get done when they received my pistol and parts. SACS gunsmiths can do a lot more than what were listed on the worksheet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had SACS do work to my MC Operator, they do great work. I agree on the machine checkering, it's top notch and cheaper. If you're going to do an action job, go the tool steel route. I sent in Wilson Bullet Proof seat, hammer and disconnector. The tool steel makes for a much cleaner trigger, mines at 4lbs. I like nubbed slide stops as well. Didn't think it needed to be any more extended as I don't use it as a release. Are you having a match bushing fit?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about a match bushing fit.  As for 1911 experience I have only shot my Commander and have reloaded for it. This is my first "mod" experience with this model of handgun.  As for any barrel work I was thinking of leaving it be. Was looking to later send it in again for an extended and threaded carbon  barrel and carbon bushing so I could use my SWR HEMS2 suppressor on it.

I am going to have to research the match bushing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Their hand-cut checkering is flawless.  I recently sent a student's pistol to the SAI Custom Shop for 25lpi front strap checkering and Colt-style relief cut under the trigger guard.  Both jobs were done to perfection, prices were reasonable and turnaround was quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top