Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 10:24:02 AM EDT
I have looked far and wide for the tomb safety I feel is "just right." Now that I have found it, I can't find a way to get one. Which style? The safety Sig puts on their 1911s. Does anyone know where I can pick up the Sig safety without having to buy th entire gun? Any owners or gunsmiths out there after customizing their Sig?

Any ideas? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Sig and ask to buy the part?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
What is so specific about the Sig safety that you cannot find with Wilson, EGW, Ed Brown, Les Baer, NH etc?  I would be willing to bet that the Sig Safety is made by a third part company.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is so specific about the Sig safety that you cannot find with Wilson, EGW, Ed Brown, Les Baer, NH etc?  I would be willing to bet that the Sig Safety is made by a third part company.
View Quote

For me, the Sig safety is extended in exactly the right spots with no excess anywhere else. In the past, I have used a GI (A1) safety, an Ed Brown, and a Wilson slim and extended. They all had their good and bad points, but when I first felt the safety on a Sig 1911, I knew that was the best safety for me.

If I could learn to accept that funky Sig slide, I would not have any problems. And I will be getting a Sig Traditional 1911 very soon. But I also want a smith E 1911 SC; the only thing I dislike about the S&W is... the safety.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm the opposite, I HATE the safety on both my Sigs but love the safety on my Kimber. The Sig just feels too short and clunky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top