Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2015 1:04:15 AM EDT
Who has used one of these? I found a review on the web from December that was fairly negative. I just put one on layaway should I be worried? I went there to put the lightweight model on layaway but the salesman also pulled that guy out and I liked it for $100 bucks more with night sights and a black finish.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:30:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Who has used one of these? I found a review on the web from December that was fairly negative. I just put one on layaway should I be worried? I went there to put the lightweight model on layaway but the salesman also pulled that guy out and I liked it for $100 bucks more with night sights and a black finish.
View Quote
Can't speak directly for the nightwatch but I had a Ruger CMD 1911 that was a very good pistol.  The night sights alone are worth the 100 bucks.  If I were you I would not be worried.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't speak directly for the nightwatch but I had a Ruger CMD 1911 that was a very good pistol.  The night sights alone are worth the 100 bucks.  If I were you I would not be worried.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just thinking that myself. This specific person had mentioned a long trigger pull for a 1911 at 6.5 lbs. I like the 1911 for its relatively light 4lb. I suppose I could always spend some cash later on to spruce up the trigger if its that awful.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I almost bought one last week, went back to get it and it was gone. Nice looking gun. Its $849.00 plus tax here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I almost bought one last week, went back to get it and it was gone. Nice looking gun. Its $849.00 plus tax here.
View Quote

850 no firearms tax here in Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the standard commanders.  Works great, 4.5 pound trigger pull, completely reliable with a variety of mags and ammo, and decently accurate.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one of the standard commanders.  Works great, 4.5 pound trigger pull, completely reliable with a variety of mags and ammo, and decently accurate.
View Quote

What mags are good to use? I'd like to be able to feed hollow points with CMC mags or something other than the expensive Wilson Combats.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My cmd fed federal 45d flawlessly with cmc 8 rounders
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Went ahead and paid it off today the trigger feels like 4 lbs. Probably hit the range Wednesday. My dad wants to shoot his new Beretta 92F too. Got to get me some mags next.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Went ahead and paid it off today the trigger feels like 4 lbs. Probably hit the range Wednesday. My dad wants to shoot his new Beretta 92F too. Got to get me some mags next.
View Quote
Nice!  Get a range report up with a few pics

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which McCormicks do you prefer? I'd like to get 3 flush fit with 8 round capacity and 3 basepad mags. So for that I was hoping the match grade would be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I've EDC'ed a full size SR1911 for the past 2 years. Only problem I had straight out of the box was the extractor needed to be re-tuned. it's run like a champ ever since then. I rotate through wislon combat, CMC, and mecgar mags without any problems feeding roundnose and JHP rounds
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Which McCormicks do you prefer? I'd like to get 3 flush fit with 8 round capacity and 3 basepad mags. So for that I was hoping the match grade would be good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got these w/o the extra base pads.  On the CMC website you can get them with the base pads but they are more expensive.  

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/1911-45-8rd-blue-classic-flat.html#.VOv57K1dWWU

they are 15 plus ship, pretty good price
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got one and love it use for EDC concealed and OWB around my land.   I sold a Stainless Ruger Commander to get this one........it was cheaper than adding night sights and refinishing my other one.   Picked up for $827.30 out the door.    Dealer got it through Davidson's.      Shoots great,  light trigger,  very accurate,  sights were dead on.    I replaced Micarta grips with Ergo grips and the stainless mags with Checkmate blued 8 rounders.    I hope to get the bushing blackened sometime soon..........don't care for the shiny nose.......it's not a reindeer!  

http://i57.tinypic.com/o0w8xj.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/ru38dj.jpg
View Quote

Yeah it's a nice gun it's my first $800 dollar pistol. I did get to get out and shoot it the other day and comparing it side by side with my Citadel compact 1911's trigger it does feel heavier but to be fair the Citadels had at least 500 rounds through it. It's a great gun and accurate I'm very happy with it. I haven't posted any pics due to the wife not knowing about it (yet) . I actually really like the standard grips, I would agree with what you said about the front end of the gun I would have prefered a black bushing and the spring plug I believe it's called? I've only shot about 180 rounds through it but it felt really good. The length is barely anything more than the Officer frame too, I feel like after having seen that there's no reason for a compact 1911, seriously it's like maybe an inch longer the weight feels the same on my hip. What kind of holster do you use for carry? That's my next step along with running some hollow points through it, how many rounds would be good for a break in on a 1911 like this? I think it's be best to break it in before running hollow points.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Hello all I just got back from the range again and wanted to put out a quick report while the thoughts are fresh in my mind. I put almost 300 rounds through it now that I sit down and count it all in my head 100 of which was Blazer aluminum case fmj, 80 ish Gold Dots, 60 rounds of HST, 30 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty and 20 rounds of the rebranded Remington Gold Saber labelled "Ultimate Defense". Accuracy was good as expected shot 4 inch groups all day at 20 yards (I don't claim to be an expert pistol shooter). I went through all 100 rounds of Blazer first and started with the Gold Dots for defensive loads. The Gold Dots caused the only malfunctions I received from the gun with a FTF every so often on the last round of the CMC Power Mag 8 rounders and "Classic" Flush fit 8 rounder, and even the Ruger 7 round flush fit accuracy was excellent with this load however (as expected). All 60 rounds of HST worked in all 3 of the Power Mags and the Flush Fit CMC Classic ( I didn't bother testing the Ruger mags with this load as I don't even intend to use them). The other 2 loads worked well too and even worked when alternating Gold Sabers and Hornady rounds. I intend to use the HST as my defensive/carry load as they are crimped so I can rechamber and unload all I need too and they are readily available at the supermarket on the way to the range (smart location choice for them). Forgot to mention Gold Sabers-230 Gr standard pressure, Hornady CD- 220gr +p (didn't even notice the +p), HST-230gr standard pressure. Also want to give a positive shoutout to 3 Bears in Alaska (supermarket I go to) for giving me a free Hornady hat. I will try to get some pics up when I can .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top