Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2015 9:32:54 PM EDT
Looking at a full size parkerized one tomorrow. Adjustable sights and a sweet trigger. OTD for $800. Anyone have any input? Fo or no?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice gun for the $$$$.....thats normal gunshop price you can do a little better online if you want to wait a little but your net savings may not be worth it to you ? I wouldnt have any problem paying $800 otd and if your looking for a fixed rear sight john harrison makes a great alternative for them. The range officer is a well made gun and fit very good for the monrey. Let us know what you decide.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Page 2
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has been just an excellent gun since right out of the box. I did add a mag well and VZ grips, just stuff that I prefer and now I have the sights set where they need to be I have take all the proper measurements to add a fixed rear sight and get the proper height front sight to give me the same results. That price, although isn't bad for what your buying, you should be able to beat that. I gave 700.00 for mine NIB. Buds has them right now for $730.00 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, they are very nice guns, mine ran fine straight from the box, you should be able to do a little better on price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice.  Mine may  be the most accurate pistol in the safe.  Excellent value for the money.  $799 is the going rate.  A bit less at the shows.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I like mine. Its accurate. Don't care for target sights so i changed mine out to a Heinie EZ lock.

Good price of around $740 from buds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a great 1911 for the money.  I like mines and it'll feed and shoot every different type of reload throw at it.  Like poster above, I to didn't care for the target sights so I swapped mines out for Dawson FO front and Harrison rear.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a great 1911 for the money.  I like mines and it'll feed and shoot every different type of reload throw at it.  Like poster above, I to didn't care for the target sights so I swapped mines out for Dawson FO front and Harrison rear.
View Quote

This is good news. My gf gifted me a $200 gander mountain gift card for the holidays and I've been waiting to use it. Unfortunately I'm tied into the $800 price, which will be $600 with the card.

If anyone has anything else to say please post. I'll be making my final decision soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Great gun, just bought one. Very smooth. Parkerized finish is silly, it scratches at the drop of a hat. Rear sight is also hateful, but thats changed easily enough.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great gun, just bought one. Very smooth. Parkerized finish is silly, it scratches at the drop of a hat. Rear sight is also hateful, but thats changed easily enough.
View Quote

Do you think it would pay to send the frame and slide for cerakote? I wasn't crazy about the finish.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]
IMHO, you won't find a better gun for the money.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IMHO, you won't find a better gun for the money.
View Quote

This and I like the rear sight and finish on mine.  It will just carve the black out of the bull at 7 yds.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you think it would pay to send the frame and slide for cerakote? I wasn't crazy about the finish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't unless you were to get some other work done. The parked finish (while I personally don't care for it) is a good finish and usually will hold up fairly well.
I had SACS do some work to mine and looking back, I probably would have been better off just getting a DW Valor, but they do amazing work and the RO shoots so damn well out of my hands.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I may consider changing out the front sight for something more vibrant. Perhaps a fiber optic sight of some sort. I dig the rear all black etched target sight tho.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
You could always get it melonited.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you looking at the 45 or 9? When people don't specify I assume they are talking about the 45.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes the .45

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes the .45

View Quote

They seem great for the money. I think I'm going to order one sight unseen just from what I've read and watched on them. For 100 bucks more than a mil spec it's tough to turn down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a shooter right out of the box. Accurate as they come. You can do better than $800 though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I love the pistol, didn't like the finish.

Cerakoted, and Dawson Prec FO front sight.

I've posted this one before:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top