Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2014 4:01:00 AM EDT
Tri top/slide lightening...

What do you guys think? Possibly doing to a kimber tactical entry ii then barret bronze cerkote slide and small parts and beavertail... Then frame black with hyena brown vz op 2 grips. Might turn heads at range.

Thoughts? And then if you could point me in a decent shop? I've seen a few local but wondering if there were some better known machinests out there. Any places that'll do both?

Please move if this belongs in gunsmithing. Just appreciate 1911 enthusiasts opinions.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Springfield Custom and Alchemy do anything you can possibly dream up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I do enjoy my springers. More so than any of my others. But sending them a kimber? Mb I could get them to put sacs on it... Ha
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
They will work on anything. Freedom Gunworks has a couple lightening packages and a while back I had talked to Matt Cheely as I really like the look of his lightened guns.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed freedom,
I can already say great CS.

I like the look of the tritop with serrations, helps with a quick sight picture having that serration on top.
Another thing is the ability to have it Cerakoted when done, at freedom.

I may even send in a limited build sheet...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thy have a pretty good rep and the couple times I have talked with Bobby I was happy. I really liked that green TiN coating(or whatever it is) and thought it would look good on a tactical or limited gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they are pretty booked up until after shot. And then... it will probably be  mayhem. I might as well put in an order for a custom limited build as well...
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
An update,

Seems as though some think that the combination of tri top and slide lightening cuts (5 each side 3/8 17*)
Will weaken the slide and make it more prone to cracking, I like the combined look, however, may settle for
flat top with serrations and lightening cuts instead of tri top.

I really plan on shooting Minor PF with this pistol at the range, and do not plan on abusing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top