Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2014 7:32:53 PM EDT
Was at the gun store today to pick up my TiRant 45...

Just so happens they were offering 10% off if you had an "I voted" sticker.  Did paperwork for the Range Officer compact.

Anyone have one?  I hear good things about the full size.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot one today. belongs to a friend who isn't sure he likes the weight. I liked it, might have to ti buy it of him.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 1 and love it
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I kind of like mine.  Carries easy and runs 100%.

Low points are trigger and thumb safety opened up my hand from a sharp edge .   Pretty nice for 778.00 OTD.

I had a spare safety so I fitted it, see if it treats me better.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to picking mine up and getting it to the range.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
New thumb safety, much narrower and less stabby.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one. I also own a Nighthawk T3 and a Colt Talo CCO. So I have some other CCO's to compare it to. It the cheapest of the three, but Springfield brought a nice package to the market at this price.
I was originally going to do some customizing to mine, but after shooting it, I decided to keep it stock. Nice shooting, accurate, reliable.
Acouple of minor things could be better. Like the back of the Extractor should be more even with the back of the slide. The thumb safety could be a bit narrower. I could live without the white dots on the rear sight.
And last having to use a tool to disassemble the guide rod for cleaning.
But all these minor issues are easy fixes if I wanted to fix them.
I think you will be very happy with yours. Springfield has a great package here. Hope they bring it out in 9mm next year.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Did SA make in chambered in 9mm. If so has anyone seen on on the net?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I held one the other day and it was nice. I want a light weight 1911 in 9mm for carry. I'm debating whether I should wait for the RO compact to come out in 9mm or just go with the EMP. Whattya all think?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#9]
The RO Compact may come out in 9mm next year this is speculation. What I read is a sure thing is they are coming out with a TRP Compact next year. Same gun with more bells and whistles.
I bought a RO Compact . Very nice gun for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top