Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 7:06:32 PM EDT
I understand that the bobtail frame is designed for concealed carry because it prints less and won't gouge as much. Does anybody find that it's more ergonomic too? I was looking at 1911s and the guy behind the counter handed me a sig nightmare. I was really surprised at the comfort because I didn't think I would like it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
By fast back, do you mean Bob tail? I have never heard of a fast back frame but I am sure there are a lot of thing I have never heard of.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By fast back, do you mean Bob tail? I have never heard of a fast back frame but I am sure there are a lot of thing I have never heard of.
View Quote

Yes, don't know why I called it that. The sigs full model name is fastback nightmare so I guess it was in my head.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got two 1911's now,  and I've carried and shot a lot of them down thru the years.  My Colt Delta Elite digs into the heel of my hand, whereas my Kimber Super Carry Custom HD with round heel doesn't.  My Kimber is now my EDC for last few years.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]

The bigger one is the absolute sweetest shooting handgun I've ever fired. The bobtail really adds a lot to the handling if you ask me.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The bigger one is the absolute sweetest shooting handgun I've ever fired. The bobtail really adds a lot to the handling if you ask me.

<a href="http://s159.photobucket.com/user/mustangduckk/media/2934e12e32df29232d77d88111be4c49_zps84127df9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/mustangduckk/2934e12e32df29232d77d88111be4c49_zps84127df9.jpg</a>
View Quote

Those look great!
I have considered bobbing my RailGun on several occasions.  I think if I sink one more dime in that money pit, I will lose my mind.  The Commander on the other hand...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Bobtails are comfy to shoot and great for carry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I never really liked bobtails before. But, there was a Dan Wesson VBOB I kept looking at in my local shop. I kept picking it up. The checkering is a little sharper on the  VBOB than on other bobtails I have held. And, the thin grips feel better. I fell in love with it and just got one this past weekend... I could have gotten an Ed Brown bobtail, but I liked the DW more...

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The first Bobtail I handled was a 5" 1911. I thought it sucked. I did not like the feel, balance, and it pointed way too low.
Then I fondled a 4" one a couple of weeks later. That one was way better, still not perfect.

The POINT; handguns are very personal and some people won't like what other rave about. Get your hands on one (like at a gun show or LGS) before you take a plunge like bobbing the frame on your favorite M1911. Better yet rent one borrow one and shoot it.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the way an arched MSH fits my hand and I swap out the flat MSH on all my 1911s.

Weird that the Carry Nightmare I bought fits my hand SO great, right?  Still, it's my primary carry pistol along with my S&W 1076 and XDs.

There's something about that rounded grip on the Sig Nightmare that just works for me.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, don't know why I called it that. The sigs full model name is fastback nightmare so I guess it was in my head.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SIG calls the bobtail frame the "fastback".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and the frame is much more rounded than what I see on a typical "bob-tail" from Dan Wesson or Wilson.  I own a Fastback Carry and I like it a lot.  It carries every bit as well (maybe even better) than my Officers Model did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top