Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 11:46:50 AM EDT
Got my Duty Black Dan Wesson 1911 Valor VBOB on Saturday - It is REALLY an awesome gun.

I passed up an Ed Brown Kobra Karry and an Ed Brown Executive Carry to get the VBOB - at the same dealer. I looked at them all about a month ago, but put the deposit down on the VBOB.I really love the stainless Dan Wesson Valor I have already. I think it's my fav 1911 I have ever owned (and I've owned an Ed Brown a few years back, as well as a Springfield Custom Shop gun).

The thinner grips are awesome, and I found the checkering on the Valor to be a little more aggressive than the Brown checkering. And, the sights are just like I want them - nothing to change. After getting used to the Straight 8 sights on my other Valor, I prefer them to standard 3 dot sights...

I wanted something black, since both of my other 1911s are stainless - and most of the ones I have previously owned have been stainless or hard chromed. This is my very first commander sized 1911 too.

My camera is broken - so, I borrowed one. Couldn't get as good of a shot as I could with my old camera - but this was the best I could do. Still has some oil on it - haven't cleaned it yet...

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
And, I managed to get a decent group shot with my IPAD camera....

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!

what did it set you back?

clown
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
LIke $1837 + sales tax. The stainless model is cheaper than the duty coat. But, my other 2 are stainless, as have been almost every other 1911 I have owned. The black gun with the solid silver trigger looks nice :)
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LIke $1837 + sales tax. The stainless model is cheaper than the duty coat. But, my other 2 are stainless, as have been almost every other 1911 I have owned. The black gun with the solid silver trigger looks nice :)
View Quote

I've been wondering what the real street prices of the Valors were - that's a nice weapon, but that price is too steep for me to buy one for a dog-walking weapon (which, between the local stray pitbulls and some hopeful entry-level competition shooting, is why I want a 1911).
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, you can get a stainless version of the Valor for a couple hundred less. But yes, it is not cheap
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Buds has had the stainless for around 1460 for several weeks and the duty treat down to around 1650 a few times. But the duty treat seems to hover in the low 1700's at buds.

My lgs's hardly ever get anything high end in stock and if they did, they would be right at msrp.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got my Duty Black Dan Wesson 1911 Valor VBOB on Saturday - It is REALLY an awesome gun.

I passed up an Ed Brown Kobra Karry and an Ed Brown Executive Carry to get the VBOB - at the same dealer. I looked at them all about a month ago, but put the deposit down on the VBOB.I really love the stainless Dan Wesson Valor I have already. I think it's my fav 1911 I have ever owned (and I've owned an Ed Brown a few years back, as well as a Springfield Custom Shop gun).

The thinner grips are awesome, and I found the checkering on the Valor to be a little more aggressive than the Brown checkering. And, the sights are just like I want them - nothing to change. After getting used to the Straight 8 sights on my other Valor, I prefer them to standard 3 dot sights...

I wanted something black, since both of my other 1911s are stainless - and most of the ones I have previously owned have been stainless or hard chromed. This is my very first commander sized 1911 too.

My camera is broken - so, I borrowed one. Couldn't get as good of a shot as I could with my old camera - but this was the best I could do. Still has some oil on it - haven't cleaned it yet...

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/f3c62c229d7acaedf2d49168050a8c74.jpg
View Quote

Im not sure if you've heard, but there has been a recall on these.
Please box it up and send to my home address.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
slick
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure thing. Just drive down to my hosue and leave your car as a deposit
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice. Really like both the valor and v Bob. Haven't been able to handle any but I'm tempted to get a valor off buds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a deal! It runs great! *Coughneedsanewaxleandtransmissioncough*
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Those are some nice 1911s.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very nice. Really like both the valor and v Bob. Haven't been able to handle any but I'm tempted to get a valor off buds.
View Quote

You will not regret it.

The VBOB is my 11th 1911. I only have 3 now, but have owned many, even some high end ones. I think the stainless Valor is my favorite of all I have owned.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Love my V-Bob, the Duty Treat finish (aka Melonite) is worth it over the SS in my opinion. Dont need to change a thing from stock config.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top