Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
My CCO should be here in a couple of days, and I need to get a carry holster.  I've been guided in the direction of Milt Sparks.  Which one?  

I currently carry a G19 in an MTAC.

Any / all suggestions are welcome.  I've never CC'd a 1911...but I'm really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Summer special II is my favorite leather iwb.

Can't go wrong with any MS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

VersaMax 2 FTW.

The VM2 works great strong side behind the hip.  Hides a fullsize 5" gun with ease.

Check top gun supply, they stock various Milt Sparks VM2 holsters and have been good to go for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Plus 1 for the Summer Special, I was surprised how comfortable it was with full size Springfield 1911.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my Big Ugly Leather Works rig. It's a hell of a lot more comfortable than a comptac or cross breed IMO. You can also turn it into an OWB, but mine is IWB 99% of the time.

See avatar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

VersaMax 2 FTW.

The VM2 works great strong side behind the hip.  Hides a fullsize 5" gun with ease.

Check top gun supply, they stock various Milt Sparks VM2 holsters and have been good to go for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VersaMax 2 FTW.

VM2 FTW
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
No CCO, but I've been using a MS Versa Max for my Colt defender for the last 8 years and I think it's one of, if not the best holsters out there.
ETA  Because MS is in Idaho also, let me state other than being a happy customer, I have no affiliation with them.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
For over 20 years I used an original Summer Special for my 1911.  It worked great, but I did find that the single loop allowed for canting that I had to adjust more than I liked.  They may have fixed this problem with the II, but I don't know.  I do know when the loop finally broke (20 years btw) I bought a VM2 and couldn't be happier.  I really like how secure and steady it feels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
DM Bullard Dual Carry. Makes a 1911 feel light.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My CCO should be here in a couple of days, and I need to get a carry holster.  I've been guided in the direction of Milt Sparks.  Which one?  

I currently carry a G19 in an MTAC.

Any / all suggestions are welcome.  I've never CC'd a 1911...but I'm really looking forward to it.
View Quote

I carried my 1911s in MS for years and they are outstanding holsters.  After I tried a McDaniels II from Andrews Custom Leather (http://www.andrewsleather.com/), that is all that I use.   JD

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an INCOG (below) for my 4"

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Raven phantom

Maybe the best IWB I have used that's not impossible to get ahold of.

I am currently using a Cloud Defense? Local guy to me and I am liking it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
A huge +1 for Milt Sparks. I normally use their VM II, but am currently using a #88 Mirage.
If I go IWB again, I plan to acquire a MS Nexus.
I carry a Colt Lightweight Commander. Congrats on the CCO!  I'll have one eventually.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for the VM2. It's very comfortable and I have no problem concealing in shorts and a tee shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top