Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2014 9:31:25 PM EDT
I have a TRP Operator Tactical with the half rail. The question is, it has a full length guide rod and a Heavy Bull Barrel. Does anyone make a guide rod plug that will fill the gap at the bottom of the barrel between it and the guide rod.?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use one of these and a G.I. guide rod.  http://www.10-8performance.com/recoil-spring-plug-trp-operator/
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can use one of these and a G.I. guide rod.  http://www.10-8performance.com/recoil-spring-plug-trp-operator/
View Quote

Want to fill the gap but not enough to downgrade to a GI rod set up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilson Combat Does
Will require gunsmithing fitting though. Not an exact replacement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
What you are looking for is a reverse collar spring plug that is "keyed" to fill the gap. There are a few out there, like the Wilson.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'd consider the GI setup to be an upgrade, as it makes takedown easier, but that's just me. Very slightly less muzzle flip is the only thing FLGR can do, but you already have that heavy bull barrel.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd consider the GI setup to be an upgrade, as it makes takedown easier, but that's just me. Very slightly less muzzle flip is the only thing FLGR can do, but you already have that heavy bull barrel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May be an upgrade to you, but not to me.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wilson Combat Does
Will require gunsmithing fitting though. Not an exact replacement.
View Quote

This is exactly what I am looking for. I can fit it myself. Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd also need a new barrel to switch to an actual GI setup.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]

I already have one of those installed in my TRP and a few other 1911's, BUT the round guide rod tube does not fill the gap between the barrel bottom and top of tube. This is what I want to address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top