Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2014 5:37:55 PM EDT
I have been ready to pull the trigger on one of these for some time now...... I decided mehhh ...no time like the present.....

I plan on putting 500 rounds through her next week.....I cant wait

I finally got her to the range today. I shot 500 rounds of Winchester white and Remington 230 gr brass. I was shooting offhand at 11 yards with a goal of getting some rounds through the gun. First impressions are very good. I had one FTF the last round after about 100 rounds. I marked the mag with an X and put it back in rotation. 50 rounds later another FTF and same story same mag I marked with another X...approximately 50 rounds later..yep you guessed it...same magazine that was supplied by Les Baer. I had two Wilson Combat 47d mages and three mags provided by Baer.....the only operational issues I had with the gun/mag were the FTF's and It's the one mag that had five x's on iut by the end of the session. The gun ejected consistently into my right shoulder and was throwing brass over the ejection port and leaving marks as I have seen with some other guns here. I took a photo so you can see.

I got her home and gave her a good cleaning....

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That's sexy...very nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty piece

But, is that a blemish on the finish though, or just finger smudge just to the left of the dustcover?

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
niiice
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Badass!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty piece

But, is that a blemish on the finish though, or just finger smudge just to the left of the dustcover?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/SDC10326_zps457a0a25.jpg
View Quote

no blems just a shit ton of oil/lube and my grimmy paws......
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll bet that thing shoots finer than frawg hair....very nice!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Man of my own taste. No front serrations. Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh.

And by Meh I mean much sexy so WOW. That thing is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice !
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
You know, if I were to design on paper exactly what I think a full-sized carry pistol should be...it would be that right there.  
Some might add forward serrations or decorative ribs or an ambi safety...but I can't say I consider any of that "needed" (southpaws, of course may disagree).

Take the time and money some spend on extras and sink it into fit and function.
Nice pistol!

Will be looking forward to a thorough range report.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know, if I were to design on paper exactly what I think a full-sized carry pistol should be...it would be that right there.  
Some might add forward serrations or decorative ribs or an ambi safety...but I can't say I consider any of that "needed" (southpaws, of course may disagree).

Take the time and money some spend on extras and sink it into fit and function.
Nice pistol!

Will be looking forward to a thorough range report.
View Quote

I felt the same way...I was particular in that I wanted 30 LPI checkering...hard fit barrel etc.....I own several 1911's and had likes and dislikes with all of them and this Baer represents what I wanted
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Love it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My LB Custom Carry is setup very similar to yours. You're going to enjoy that one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Very sweet, Les Baer makes the best sub $2K 1911 there is in my opinion.  Of course many will disagree because they have 600 rounds through their "top shelf" 1911 and can post several pretty pictures.     Great reputations aren't built around some comparison test with 300 rounds put through each sample.  Here's the 50 yard test target from my friends Baer UM.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
shameless bump
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
My UTC leaves the brass marks on the slide as well. Never a problem with it so I'm not that worried about it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#18]

I have the same gun, UTC, 1.5" guarantee, no FCS.  The best part about the gun?  The 1,000 round break-in period, where you get to shoot 1,000 through your new piece.

I agree with others (and you, apparently), it is the very best set up for a "combat" 1911.  Hardcore performance.  A hard, utilitarian beauty.

On the advice of others, I junked the LB mags and bought 6 new CMC mags.  They have been excellent.

I'm pretty friendly with the ROs at my favorite range, and at times they'll bring out their toys to let me shoot.  One of them let me shoot his LB Commander-sized 1911, and all 8 rounds were touching.  From that moment I was shopping for a LB.  

It's funny, most people think they are just an average shot, and don't attribute any inaccuracy to their gun.  But when I let my buddies shoot this gun, their groups shrink from 6 inches to 2.  It's amazing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's funny, most people think they are just an average shot, and don't attribute any inaccuracy to their gun.  But when I let my buddies shoot this gun, their groups shrink from 6 inches to 2.  It's amazing.
View Quote

.  The power of Christ compels you!

Just kidding, but that's the way some of the knuckle-draggers around here react.  To them it's always the shooter and never the gun.

It's always refreshing to run into a person who speaks from experience rather than just regurgitating some drivel from a forum.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just kidding, but that's the way some of the knuckle-draggers around here react.  To them it's always the shooter and never the gun.

It's always refreshing to run into a person who speaks from experience rather than just regurgitating some drivel from a forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can tell you right now that at 25 yards I am noticeably better with this les baer
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice.

I'm amused by the blue tape efforts to hide the serial no. on the box & paper, but the SN on the frame is right there in about the 10th pic.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#23]
That is one sweet-ass 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top