Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 8:16:24 PM EDT
If there's an LEO around here; I would like to turn myself in for robbery... Here's the evidence.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You stole it!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Gratz!! You get that at Diamond Back?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!

After messing with a few STI guns at the range and handling a few more, I am about 95% certain my next 2 1911s will be STI... I want the singlestack 10mm and I also find myself in need of a rail bearing 5" 45.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup! They had a couple other guns I wanted, mainly a USP-45C and a P30, but they were on consignment (manila tags); however, this one was not - so I jumped on it like a fat kid on a chocolate éclair.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup! They had a couple other guns I wanted, mainly a USP-45C and a P30, but they were on consignment (manila tags); however, this one was not - so I jumped on it like a fat kid on a chocolate éclair.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like that store. Gratz again. Hopefully next time Im down there I can find me a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as I hate rails on 1911's, I would have jumped on that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
WHERE?!?!
I WANT 1
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I really hate you right now OP.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really hate you right now OP.
View Quote

I know, I hate myself too. Now, to wait another pay period, so I can take it home.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As much as I hate rails on 1911's <snip>.
View Quote

What, how?

1911's with rails are sexy

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Out standing!
If it runs like my Ranger II, you'll be impressed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to the store and fondled my STI again... Ugh! 3 more days, I can't take it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy hell, that's a frickin' awesome deal! I got my Elektra new and it was around $1400.  I don't think the Duty One's were quite that high but they are still like $1200 new iirc.  Dang...I'm jealous.  I'm surprised you guys have gun jail in Arizona, we can buy it and walk out same day here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
That glock looks funny
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Holy hell, that's a frickin' awesome deal! I got my Elektra new and it was around $1400.  I don't think the Duty One's were quite that high but they are still like $1200 new iirc.  Dang...I'm jealous. I'm surprised you guys have gun jail in Arizona, we can buy it and walk out same day here.
View Quote

We don't.

It's on Lay-Away; I get paid on Monday and I will take it out and straight to the range with her. I dropped half and will drop the rest then. There's a few others I want to pick up, like an FDE P226R with a Streamlight TRL-1; but the moment I sat that STI; I said "Fuck it, you're mine."
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That glock looks funny
View Quote

You couldn't resist, couldn't ya? You had to go there...

Well? Only one way to solve this.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#18]
She's home...

Now, for the bad news - The original slide stop was broken, so it was replaced with a Wilson Combat one; problem is, the slide stop is not "fitted" to the weapon and the rounds press against the slide stop while the slide is to the rear. Also, the original magazine it came with was replaced with a cheap Kimber magazine, which is now relegated to my Kimber Warrior, while I replaced it with a CMC Shooting Star 8 rounder.

The Good News? Aside from getting a KILLER deal on an STI, the problem is not due to the weapon, but merely the fact that the slide stop has to be trimmed a little so it doesn't  rub against the rounds. I'll take it to the only people I trust with any of my weapons - that would be Tom at Black Weapons Armory, my go-to guys. Their smith is a good guy and knows his shit; o I know the job will be done right.

I already ran 100 rounds of American Eagle 230gr, hardball and aside from a few FTFs due to the slide stop, the gun shoots remarkably good. I am very happy.

Kinda guilty that I got such a good deal; but I got it and I will brag about it shamelessly. Neener-Neener.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Could always order an STI stop...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Could always order an STI stop...
View Quote

I'm steering towards that right now. We'll see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]
3 mins with a file and the slide stop would be fixed.

eta if it has a recoil master I would ditch it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Consider yourself under arrest. I'm confiscating that evidence also, but you'll have to mail it to me.

Nice score OP!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I live about 5 minutes from STI in Georgetown. Next week I will be meeting the "T" in STI. Virgil Tripp....Tripp cobra magazines...lives about 50 miles from me. His magazines should run great in that gun. Tripp Research is going to do some work on my Trojan. STI is a great company and you are going t love that gun. Great buy!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#24]
You're better off with a Wilson slide stop anyway.  Just about all of my STI slide stops have been too long and too much pressure from the plunger results in inconsistent slide lock on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I live about 5 minutes from STI in Georgetown. Next week I will be meeting the "T" in STI. Virgil Tripp....Tripp cobra magazines...lives about 50 miles from me. His magazines should run great in that gun. Tripp Research is going to do some work on my Trojan. STI is a great company and you are going t love that gun. Great buy!
View Quote

Running CMCs and no issues. Though a few Tripps wouldn't hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top