Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 7:02:54 AM EDT
Thinking about picking up a 9mm rock island tac model, for the hell of it, plus a $50 rebate makes it pretty cheap.

Question are all the new ones coming with the subdue rollmark?

As in the small rollmark vs the billboard? I have noticed most pics of the models are now with the small mark, Which is what i want..
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
While I haven't seen all the RIA models without the billboard on the slide, I have seen a few that don't have it.  I picked up a 2011 .45acp a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't have the billboard slide.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I haven't seen all the RIA models without the billboard on the slide, I have seen a few that don't have it.  I picked up a 2011 .45acp a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't have the billboard slide.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Humm , that's what in after is the no billboard version, just the small mark

I'm looking at the 9mm Tac model, also who has the best price on one?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is Mine only it is not the tactical version... small roll mark!
Seems pretty nice..have not shot it yet!

" />
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Curious, are you guys ordering online? buds say they wont open the new boxes to check.....boooo
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered my .45 1911 Tactical from Buds and it also has the small logo.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14740739803_bb05626aa7_b.jpg
View Quote

How long ago?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My 10mm is a bit over a year old now, it has the billboard.

Cleaned the oil off the slide with alcohol and cold blued it with a touch up pen.  Then roiled it. Looks much better now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe they changed to the small logo within the past year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My 10mm is a bit over a year old now, it has the billboard.

Cleaned the oil off the slide with alcohol and cold blued it with a touch up pen.  Then roiled it. Looks much better now.
View Quote

I picked at a billboard model from my LGS today.

Boo is right, oh well.   What is roiled; wait you ment re-oiled didn't you?

Has anyone changed the grip panels?

I was surprised I compared it to a 9mm Range Officer and the RI Tac trigger seemed better!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked mine up at the LGS a week ago, and it has the small logo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I *think* buds did a clearance on all the billboard guns awhile back.  They were selling them for DIRT cheap.  

No promises, but if you see the gun on there for current market price it's probably newer and has the small logo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Damnit, just seen on another forum, guy just ordered this 9mm tac model from buds and got it today and it has the old billboard logo..

Why cant they phase out these old ones and only have the new versions, i know its a small thing . but it bugs me and i wont buy one til li get what i want/paid for..
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damnit, just seen on another forum, guy just ordered this 9mm tac model from buds and got it today and it has the old billboard logo..

Why cant they phase out these old ones and only have the new versions, i know its a small thing . but it bugs me and i wont buy one til li get what i want/paid for..
View Quote
Buds is a distributor so their probably sitting on a HUGE pile of them.

For the price of shipping and FFL transfer fee, you can prob find one local, or have a store order one in from a different distributor with the new rollmark.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For the price of shipping and FFL transfer fee, you can prob find one local, or have a store order one in from a different distributor with the new rollmark.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every company i have called, and have called a few, including big and little stores, and only centerfire was willing to open the box and look at it for me, but i called back too late the next day and they were sold..

i did see one locally last week with the small rollmark, newer model, but at a good little chunk more..and im not willing to spend that on one of these..
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How long ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14740739803_bb05626aa7_b.jpg

How long ago?

Sorry - just saw this. I ordered mine on July 15th.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Every company i have called, and have called a few, including big and little stores, and only centerfire was willing to open the box and look at it for me, but i called back too late the next day and they were sold..

i did see one locally last week with the small rollmark, newer model, but at a good little chunk more..and im not willing to spend that on one of these..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

What was the price local vs Buds/ online?

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
About 80-85 bux

i understand its not a lot, but im not willing to do that, thats money that could buy a few mags or ammo for it..
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

About 80-85 bux

i understand its not a lot, but im not willing to do that, thats money that could buy a few mags or ammo for it..
View Quote
That's.... almost exactly what you would spend on transfer fees and paying the sales use tax.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's.... almost exactly what you would spend on transfer fees and paying the sales use tax.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 80-85 bux

80 bux more then the other, someone just HAD the tac model at 429 shipped, transfer fee is  15 so $444  plus tax.

retail store had it for $520 plus tax..so 70 almost 80 bux like i said.

Im not in a super hurry for one..but the 50 bux back via rebate makes it a better deal
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought a 9mm tac from bud's last week. Picked it up yesterday....billboard logo. Time for the perma blu treatment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#21]
palmetto state armory is selling gi models for 299 after rebate check it out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I want one also but not until I can guarantee it has the small logo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#23]
all the new ones are small and besides you can use cold blue and tame down the big logo easy enough it works really good.it will kill the small logo also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
all the new ones are small and besides you can use cold blue and tame down the big logo easy enough it works really good.it will kill the small logo also.
View Quote

The billboard actually looks nice after some cold blue. Really subdued it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top