Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 8:02:51 PM EDT
Does the RIA 2011 Tactical (the full rail model) use a standard unramped GI style barrel/bushing?
I'm thinking of upgrading to a railed 1911 from my current 1911 suppressor host, and being able to swap over my existing Storm Lake (drop in/unramped) threaded barrel would be convenient.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up one of these this past weekend.  Really solid handgun.  The barrel is a standard unramped with a normal barrel bushing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest against swapping barrels between two pistols, may lead to rapid wear of the barrel in the locking surfaces.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a storm lake barrel in my RIA tactical model, dropped right in with no fitting required.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would suggest against swapping barrels between two pistols, may lead to rapid wear of the barrel in the locking surfaces.
View Quote

Swapping out permanently. I'd sell the current host, which doesn't have a ton of mileage on it, but would sell much easier w/o the barrel. Its pinned GI front sight and lack of a rail for a laser makes it less than easy for me to shoot suppressed in low light.

Edit-thanks all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top