Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2014 5:51:45 AM EDT
Posted in the Kimber section, but not sure how much traffic rolls through there. Anyway, took the kid to the range this weekend where he kind of fell in love with the Kimber. But not without a little fail, as we lost some bits from the rear sight somewhere along the way as he put about 200 rounds through it.  Any idea where to find a breakdown and a good parts source? Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
send it back to kimber and they'll probably fix it for free

owners manual may show a parts breakdown
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Put a Harrison fixed sight on it.  

Falling apart is about all an adjustable is good for...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
By the time you factor in shippiong & handling just replace the site.

It costs as much to ship a whole site as the parts, and then you add handling and stocking the parts.

Just like a car, if you tried to purchase the parts one by one (or in small goups of quantity one) the price would be 10x the cost of a car (or more).
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the nut still on the other side? The only way to loose the head of the screw is it breaks or the nut comes off and you un-thread it from the sight blade. Since the sight blade is still on the sight base, my guess is the adjustment screw broke and half of it and the spring fell out.

That sight is easy to find if Kimber won't warranty it. If it a range toy or competition gun I would recommend staying with an adjustable sight.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I figured if a small part was available I'd just buy it and get it back together. No biggie, just routine maintenance as far as I'm concerned. But a quick call to Kimbers customer service got an actual person on the line without waiting who took my info and e-mailed over a shipping label and all necessary information for me to return the slide for repairs. Told me their current workload will put it at a approximate 2 week turnaround time and it will be sent back to me. Color me impressed so far. Will report back later.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if you deduct days for shipping and weekends, they got me in and done in under a week. Kimber replaced the rear sight assembly and paid shipping both ways. Other than the sight screw incident, this thing has run flawlessly right out of the box. Several hundred rounds with zero issues and no break in period bs. After reading all the horror stories of people sending guns in for warranty work, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical and ready to purchase the parts myself to avoid any hassles. I was impressed with the initial contact with customer service and even more impressed now that I gave them a chance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top