Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2014 5:36:01 AM EDT
Just got my RO back from SACS after a little over 7 weeks. They did a great job. Everything was mostly cosmetic because the RO shot well enough.

25 LPI High cut checkering
Colt style undercut
4lb trigger using existing parts
25 LPI non-ILS MSH
Std Carry Bevel
Front FO sight
I also had them round the rear sight and rear of the thumb safety (they did it at no charge)
Refinish in Black Armory Kote

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
nice!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!

I'll be "That guy" - if you don't mind, what did they charge for that? I have a RO that I want to do basically the same things to.

Thanks,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice!

I'll be "That guy" - if you don't mind, what did they charge for that? I have a RO that I want to do basically the same things to.

Thanks,
Bob S.
View Quote

$750 including shipping. They have very reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I like it! That 25 lpi looks real nice. As yep, their prices are very reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Perfect!

The RO's are fine pistols out of the box. You did excellent improvements without going overboard.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks great!
What are thoughts on the Armory Kote ?
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not really a 1911 guy (at least not yet) but that's a beauty!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like it! That 25 lpi looks real nice. As yep, their prices are very reasonable.
View Quote

25 LPI is perfect, at least for me. Grippy without the cheese grater feel of 20 LPI.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks great!
What are thoughts on the Armory Kote ?
View Quote

Well it's only been back 1 day and not been to the range yet, but it appears to be a very good finish. I like the looks of it better than the parkerizing that was on it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#11]
They do great work. Nice
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice rig.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like they forgot to refinish the barrel bushing.  Take it back and make them do it right.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like they forgot to refinish the barrel bushing.  Take it back and make them do it right.
View Quote

I may be weird or in the minority but I like a non coated bushing on a black gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got her back today and have to say, I'm digging the Heinie fixed rear sight. Hopefully get to the range in the next few days and shoot it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice.  I like it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's mine from SACS received a mth ago:

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Those heine sights look much better than the Harrison sights IMO. I'll have to check those out!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those heine sights look much better than the Harrison sights IMO. I'll have to check those out!!
View Quote

Yours looks good. What all did you have done?

Ive seen the Harrison in person and it is a well built sight, but it's just kinda ugly with the bump in the middle and the fact that it doesn't fill the sight cut in. The heine is a little "slimmer" and fills up the sight cut more.

Hopefully getting to the range this evening to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#20]
EXACTLY on the Harrison sight! I never saw those heinie ez locks, they're really streamlined!

I did the following:

Smoothed all edges
Ball cuts
Trigger job 4.5#
Ball cuts
Armory coat slide/frame
S&A magwell hand fitted and blended
25lpi front scrap checkering
VZ aliens

I'm really happy how it turned out! Yeah I could've gotten a trp for the same price but I didn't want front cocking serrations or a bull barrel.
Now it's going back for those heine sights and gold bead front sight treatment! Got RMA this am

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
EXACTLY on the Harrison sight! I never saw those heinie ez locks, they're really streamlined!

I did the following:

Smoothed all edges
Ball cuts
Trigger job 4.5#
Ball cuts
Armory coat slide/frame
S&A magwell hand fitted and blended
25lpi front scrap checkering
VZ aliens

I'm really happy how it turned out! Yeah I could've gotten a trp for the same price but I didn't want front cocking serrations or a bull barrel.
Now it's going back for those heine sights and gold bead front sight treatment! Got RMA this am

View Quote

TRP is a hell of a pistol but I can't get past the 20lpi checkering. 25 is perfect for me.

Good mods you had done. I debated on whether to get a mag well or not but I have never shot a 1911 with one, so I just had them do a non ILS MSH.

The only thing about the Heinie sight is it is a .156 notch, it is def wider than the stock adjustable sight notch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I believe I can live with that over that sight that looks like a battle ax
The mag wheel is a plus if you practice mag changes! It doesn't affect my grip at all
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#23]
armann

I think you will like the Heinie's. Got to the range this evening. The sight rocks. The .156 is a little larger than I'm used to but it was perfect with the front FO sight. Damn SACS is making me want to by a 9mm RO and have the same mods done to it.

Those bastards
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
It's only money bro. When you leave here someone else will enjoy it
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Know what an RO would look like with a blued slide and hard chromed frame and Heinie sights? F'ing awesome.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Know what an RO would look like with a blued slide and hard chromed frame and Heinie sights? F'ing awesome.
View Quote

This man, I like how he thinks. Love the two tone look of Black/blue slide and stainless/HC frame.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I like how the heinie sight is wider but not sure I like how the front corners are so square. I just got a RO a little over a week ago. So far I got an Ed Brown maxi-well with Brown grips. Next I want to get a harrison ignition kit with an Brown slide stop and thumb safety. I do not like the look of the stock adjustable sight so I will be changing it out eventually.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I showed off my RO last year after I got it back from SACS.  Been awhile, so I'll post the old pics again:

The Heine sights were not out back then so I went with the Harrison.  I actually like the Harrison profile better, but like the "hook" ears on the Heine.  My RO has been my everyday carry the past year.  The parkerized finish is hold up, showing holster wear on the edges, and thankfully no rust issues.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
All these SACS RO's makes me want to send mines in
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All these SACS RO's makes me want to send mines in
View Quote

No kidding. I just got mine and haven't even shot it yet but want to send it in too. I'm going to try and shoot at least 1k rounds before I mess with it.
I want the front strap checkered at a minimum. Compared to my Kimber TLE RLII, the RO feels noticeably larger for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Got in a set of Mil Tac grips today in Black/Gray. I believe the flat bottom ones are what is used on the black TRP's, these are beveled.

I like the aggressiveness of the VZ OP II's more (at least just holding it in my hands), but these are thinner than my VZ's so it feels better in my hands. They look great though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top