Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 6:32:03 PM EDT
Are there barrels available or just the complete RIA guns? Seems like a cool caliber. Love the 5.7 but don't want a proprietary platform.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about it just for the hell of it but RIA will not sell the barrel and I believe there was some other issue in doing it as well. Try giving this guy a call: click as he was the guy who helped develop the TCM round and was very helpful when I spoke with him about the idea but I forget all the details now.

EDIT: now that I think about it when I was talking to him about it I believe he said it needed to be a double stack for some reason
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Shouldn't be a problem.

22TCM OAL is closer to 38 super than 9mm, so I'd use a 38S ejector and magazine with the 22TCM barrel if the correct TCM parts weren't available.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shouldn't be a problem.

22TCM OAL is closer to 38 super than 9mm, so I'd use a 38S ejector and magazine with the 22TCM barrel if the correct TCM parts weren't available.
View Quote

I think if I did it it would probably be on a STI platform. Will the 9mm ejector not work on the longer cases?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no difference between 9mm and 38s ejectors that i know of. I only used the EGW x-long versions (9mm,40,45) for my build ups and har the GS trim for function.
I knew a difference with extractors.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The 9mm ejectors are longer than 38.  38 won't eject a loaded round with the longer ejector.  You can generally use the short one for both.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My RIA 9mm/TCM combo came with a different recoil spring and extractor for each.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My RIA 9mm/TCM combo came with a different recoil spring and extractor for each.
View Quote

I figured the spring would need to change but I was hoping not the extractor. Sounds like a spare top end would be the best.

So now I need a longslide 9x23 22tcm 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top