Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 12:22:24 PM EDT
I'm a newbie to this 1911 game. I recently purchased a TRP and I'm wanting to change the grips. I found a guy who has a VZ set like I'm wanting for sale. He couldnt give me any specs, only that they were removed from a Kimber TLE/RL. Can you guys offer any insight on the compatibilty of them wiht my TRP? Thanks in advance.

ETA: The packaging says " "VZ Full Size 1911 Ambi 1302 VZ""
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
they will work on any full size 1911 with or with out a ambi safety.  If the bottom of the grip of beveled it may not look the best with a mag well, but will not effect function.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Ambi cut will work.  Find out if they are flat bottom or beveled...I assume since you have a TRP, it has a magwell and you'll want flat bottoms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be happier with flat bottomed grips that will mesh with your magwell.

Larry Davidson

Google

Profit
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
They have the beveled bottoms.  Thanks guys.  Thats exactly what I needed to know!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top