Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 5:04:10 PM EDT
Let me first say that I don't know much about 1911's, but I am wanting to.  I have a friend whose farther in law is selling a 1911. He (the father in law) isn't a gun guy. He is asking $400 for it but I don't know much about it and if its a worth while deal. So you 1911 guys please enlighten me.

These are the 2 pictures he sent me (crappy phone pics)

Hard to see but on the left side it says "Model 1911 US Army"

Any information would be very helpful.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell us what all the markings are.  Pretty hard to see in the pic.  Looks a little.....??
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Left side has the "Model 1911 US Army". Right side just has the model #. I haven't seen the gun in person. I'm going to go take a look at it sometime this week, I was just trying to get some info about it if I could.

Friend said it has two Colt magazines.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Auto Ordnance. I think its an older one, they were notorious for having issues.

ETA: Pic

For $400 a Rock Island GI would be a better pistol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Auto Ordnance. I think its an older one, they were notorious for having issues.

ETA: Pic
<a href="http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/philipdrye/media/imagejpg1_zps236e2f10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/philipdrye/imagejpg1_zps236e2f10.jpg</a>
View Quote

Couldn't think of the name, thats it.  It will be marked auto-ordnance, and you should run the other way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. Like I said I have very little knowledge on 1911's and the info was much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
First thing that popped into my head was old auto ordnance.  P226guy confirmed it.

He is right, the current PI guns are far better.  That one might shoot fine, but they have a poor reputation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
The new auto ordnance guns are very good quality..there made in worcester mass now not the old west hurley new york pieces of garbage they work right out of the box and are a great platform for custom builds.Yours looks like it might be a west hurley made gun the new auto ordnance guns have staright slide serations not angled and are a very close copy to the WW2 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top