Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2014 12:46:50 PM EDT
Fixed it.

Now it's done, except for the sights.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Slide is fully forward and the hammer is at full cock, not half?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slide is fully forward and the hammer is at full cock, not half?
View Quote

Yes. took the slide off and now the hammer is stuck cocked w/o the slide on.

ETA: It seems when the slide passed over the disconnector, it starts having problems. I'm not exactly sure how it started doing this or how to fix it and it looks fairly clean... I've taken it apart 6 times now and I'm really frustrated.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Disconnector or disconnector hole might need to be cleaned up if there was any build-up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If the hammer is stuck back then it sounds like maybe the leaf spring may have slipped behind the sear. Remember when you install that piece you insert the the tab in the bottom first then move the 3 leafs onto the frame back. Then before you try to install the safety slid the main spring housing part way to put downward tension on the leaf spring. Install safety and slide and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the hammer is stuck back then it sounds like maybe the leaf spring may have slipped behind the sear. Remember when you install that piece you insert the the tab in the bottom first then move the 3 leafs onto the frame back. Then before you try to install the safety slid the main spring housing part way to put downward tension on the leaf spring. Install safety and slide and see how it goes.
View Quote

Thats what I do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the hammer is stuck back then it sounds like maybe the leaf spring may have slipped behind the sear.
View Quote

that's what I came to post.  I've had that happen more then I want to tell everyone.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Well as one other poster mentioned about the disconnector. When installing it and the sear did you miss the hold in the disconnector?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Para is series 80 1911, check the if firing pin safety on the frame  is installed correctly
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got the same type of problem.  Hammer drops during function test (thumb on hammer) before installing slide on new Double Star frame and Cylinder and Slide trigger group.  Once slide is on, hammer won't drop.  I'm thinking disconnector tad too long in my case.  Don't know yours as I'm assuming it was function well before the Cerakote.

CD
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got the same type of problem.  Hammer drops during function test (thumb on hammer) before installing slide on new Double Star frame and Cylinder and Slide trigger group.  Once slide is on, hammer won't drop.  I'm thinking disconnector tad too long in my case.  Don't know yours as I'm assuming it was function well before the Cerakote.

CD
View Quote

It functioned fine before and after cerakote. Just when I stripped it down the 2nd time for a little touch up work is when I had the problem.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Does this gun have a firing pin safety like a 80 series Colt? If so and the arm is bent it can cause the trigger to be so heavy that the hammer won't drop. Of course with the slide off this is not an issue.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#12]
The disconnector may be sticking in the downward position (maybe due to coating build-up in the hole or wherever) and keeping the trigger from contacting the sear.   With the slide off, make sure the disconnector pops up reliably every time it's pressed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally had time to work on it and I fixed it.

I think the original problem was my wife nagging at me and making me frustrated because I was working on a gun on the weekend (the only time I have time to do so) and making me over look things.

What I think was the actual problem was the wings on the Wilson Combat trigger bow. I adjusted them ever so slightly to take up some wobble. I guess I bent them out a bit too much which didn't let the trigger go forward enough. After I bent them back in a tad, everything works good now. Now I can strip it back down and finish my work and re-cerakote a few things i fucked up because I was frustrated . That usually doesnt happen to me, but when you have 2 things pissing you off on a hot day, you mind goes haywire.

I'll post pics when I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#14]
What the hell is 'wings on a WC trigger bar'? Is this thing a 1911? 1911s don't have trigger bars.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Fat fingered the keypad on my iphone. It's the trigger bow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#16]
pic in OP
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Edit: Nvm.

Like the color!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top