Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2014 7:52:16 PM EDT
I am going to start this off here in the 1911 forum and see where it goes.  As you know, Det. John Hobbs (Hobbs5624) was killed in the Line of Duty on 3-3-2014.  He leaves behind a wife and 3 young children.  I know there are other fundraisers for John, but none that I know of here on AR15.com where John was a well liked and respected member.  His knowledge and willingness to share his wealth of information with us all will never be forgotten.  As just one way of saying thanks, a few of us on here have come up with a way to help John's family monetarily.  I have spent a lot of my own time and money putting this project together.  Parabellum226 was instrumental in doing the computer work to get these books designed.

So here it is, replicated USMC Weapon Record Books for all your Weapon Record Keeping needs.  These books are just like the originals but with a dedication page to John at the end of the book.  Right now, they are only being offered in the Light Brown.  Soon the green cover will be available. There are 7 record keeping pages of fun in this book.  These record books are just like the originals used for weapons like the M40 rifles and MEUSOC 1911 pistols that PWS builds.  They have a card stock cover and are punched to use 550 cord or whatever you want to secure them to your weapon.  I am now using these books on all my rifles and pistols to keep track of round count.

For each $6 donation, you will receive 1 Weapon Record Book.  I have set up a Paypal email address where folks can send money securely through at  [email protected]   Please include your shipping address and AR15.com name in the remarks when you send money.  For folks who don't want to use Paypal, email me at [email protected] and I will send you an physical mailing address where you can send a check to.

All proceeds minus printing and shipping costs will be given to the family.  There is another memorial project for John in the works which will be completed sometime in May.  I would like to present a check at that time when the memorial is presented to John's family.

If you have any questions, please ask them publicly in this thread so others can see.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You show both green and tan books, are you offering both?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have  a few green books made.  Enough for  a couple if you want some.  I need to find some more green card stock before I can say that  they are fully available.  Let's just say green is available until I say I am all out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]

That's neat.  

Question

I see a grammatical error on one of the pictures and cant tell if its on the others.   Intentional?

Also... sent 20 bucks

keep the record book and send them to someone who shoots more than once every 2 years.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, wow I never even noticed that.  That was one of the authentic books that Uncle Sam had, go figure.....

Thanks for your donation Sir........
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump for Hobbs.  So far we have raised over $200 for John's family.  Thanks for the support guys.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have to have a MEUSOC clone to have the book?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course not.  But if you do have a Meusoc clone or want to do one in the future, it is very appropriate. You can use these books for any rifle or pistol of your choice.  I will be using these on all my rifles.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Of course not.  But if you do have a Meusoc clone or want to do one in the future, it is very appropriate. You can use these books for any rifle or pistol of your choice.  I will be using these on all my rifles.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. Sent $6. Will use it for my Springfield Loaded.

eta:  Thanks for doing this for John.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bump for Hobbs.  So far we have raised over $200 for John's family.  Thanks for the support guys.......
View Quote

Can't say enough good things about Ben and Jeff for doing this. Proud to donate!
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my books today. They look great!
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Jeff! Received my Weapon Record Book today. I don't have a MEUSOC clone, but I will use it for my Springfield Loaded.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Sent money for 10 of them.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Got you down for 10, printing books as I write this.....Thanks for the donation..

Quoted:
Sent money for 10 of them.  Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump

Made a donation, keep the books.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Duck,

Thanks for your donation!!!

Quoted:
Bump

Made a donation, keep the books.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]

I would love some of those books.  Will you please send me the address so I can mail in a money order?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]
BTT
Record books recd. Thanks again for offering a unique way to help Hobbs family.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Another bump for Hobbs..  So far the response has been good.  I have shipped at least a 100 of these books.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#19]
That's cool
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I plan on getting a few after payday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Payment sent for six.

RC
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Got my books today and they're nice! May have to order more soon.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Pmt for 2 + a few $ sent

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Bump and donation.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Can donations still be sent to that paypal address ? and are the books still available  as well ?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]
2 books for two new, unfired, pistols that I have

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey bud, haven't been in the forums much lately.  I just kicked you some money for a few books.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Awesome, Ben (PWS2112) and I are almost finished with Hobb's 1911 project as we'll.  It should be pretty cool when it's all done.  I'll get the books out soon.  

Quoted:
Hey bud, haven't been in the forums much lately.  I just kicked you some money for a few books.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Awesome, Ben (PWS2112) and I are almost finished with Hobb's 1911 project as we'll.  It should be pretty cool when it's all done.  I'll get the books out soon.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds great. Can't wait to see the final outcome!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I have subscribed to this thread so I don't forget but I plan on buying a few for me and some buddies. Just spent my mad money allotment for the month on gun parts.  You'll see from me again on the 15th.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Payment sent for one over the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad to see the books made it all the way to Canada safely, eh!   :)
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Still waiting on mine.  Hoped it would be in today's mail.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I ordered 2 books back on the 12th and have not heard anything yet.  Any updates?
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Gentlemen,  the last of the books have been mailed out.  If you see your initials below and don't receive your books by the end of the week, please let me know.  If I missed anyone, please let me know as well.

T.A.
H.M.
M.C.
J.F.

Unfortunately, I can't keep up with these anymore.  Between being a full time pilot, running a 70 acre cattle farm, and having a family, there is just no time anymore to print these.  I want to thank everyone who donated, I know the family is much appreciated with all t he help.

If you send me money expecting a book, I will return the money to you, so please do not send anymore.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top