Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2012 2:33:30 PM EDT
I purchased an Iver Johnson Hawk, commander length 1911.  This pistol is finished in high polish blue and wears a cheap set of wood grips.  It came with one MecGar magazine and a cheap plastic carry case.  For the price I paid($550 OTD) Im pretty happy with the fit and finish.  I haven't shot it yet but it did hand cycle my Winchester SXT JHP.  The frame to slide fit is just as tight as my Kimber.  I dont like the hammer and the trigger pull seems heavy.  I don't have access to a trigger pull scale so I cant say for sure but either way it is OK.  For those that didn't know this pistol is made by Shooters Arms Manufacturing in the Philippines.  I mostly will plink with this and carry it in the woods while I ride my four wheeler.  I now have an incurable 1911 disease to go along with my BRD.    

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, they can't even stamp the "Hawk" straight?
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt even notice. I got the micrometer out and found the bottom of the "K" is 1/32 of an inch higher than the bottom of the "H".  Again, no biggie to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty nice for under 6 bills!  Let us know how she shoots!
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
God DAMN!!!  They polished it on a buffing wheel!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
love those grips,,,seriously...if you upgrade i want them
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a nice looking 1911 for the price.......Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
If it runs well, then it is a great buy.  A pistol you won't mind getting dirty.
Shoot and enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Good cheap blaster
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
That gun's too pretty to be busting through the woods on a four wheeler with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top