Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:05:38 PM EDT
I've got one of the Russian IJ-70 Makarovs with the adjustable sights. I love the gun, but since I carry it I'd much rather have some fixed sights as the adjustables snag on everything. I got the aftermarket fixed sight insert and it's decent, but it needs shimmed to shoot to POA and looks funky. I'd much rather have the original-style slide but I can't seem to find any for sale. I'd buy one of the cheap Bulgarian Makarovs and sell mine, but here in CA only the Russian and East German ones are allowed for purchase (as C&R guns they are exempted from most of the CA nonsense), and those either go for way more than I want to spend or have the adjustable sights I don't like.

So does anyone have a lead on Mak slides?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one on sale on eBay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
They pop up on Gunbroker here and there but most of them are the IJ70 adjustable rear sight models.

Found a Bulgarian Slide that still has 5 days left on the auction.   Here
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They pop up on Gunbroker here and there but most of them are the IJ70 adjustable rear sight models.

Found a Bulgarian Slide that still has 5 days left on the auction.   Here
View Quote
Damn! that thing sold for more than I bought my Mak for.

I guess I'll just shim my fixed sights to proper POI/POA.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top