Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 5:11:14 PM EDT

Brought a Bulgarian Makarov from AIM a week ago and having problem with the slide not locking open.  The slide stop won't “catch” the slide.  When pressure is apply to the slide stop it will lock open, but as soon as lift my thumb off the slide will slam forward.  I disassembled the pistol and found no obvious damage.
It will lock open on a empty mag, I tried two different mags.  But when the magazine is remove the slide will slam forward.

What might be causing the slide stop not to engage?  Thank.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No spring under it? Or the spring isn't in the right spot?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I was having the same exact problem from one I ordered off classicfirearms. I filed down the the area where the slide stop catches the slide to make it less worn down as I think the slide was pushing the slide stop down. and it works like it should now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was having the same exact problem from one I ordered off classicfirearms. I filed down the the area where the slide stop catches the slide to make it less worn down as I think the slide was pushing the slide stop down. and it works like it should now.
View Quote

Im having the same problem with my Aim Bulgarian Mak.  Could you post a picture of your modification?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top