Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2014 1:53:10 AM EDT
Any one have one in good shape or know where I might find a nice one it is appreciated.
thanks Jack
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Baikal with an adjustable rear sight that I paid $65.00 for back in the early '90's. Unfortunately, we'll never see those prices again.

I've seen East Germans go for as much as $600.00, and Bulgarians and Russians for as much as $550.00 on GB.

The only thing I don't care for on mine is the adjustable rear sight. Nonetheless, it has 1,000's of rounds through it (when Norinco ammo was $3.00 for a box of 50) and I've never had any problems. It is reliable and accurate.

If you can afford it, I would spend a little more and go for an East German or a Bulgarian, as they seem to have a nicer fit and finish and fixed rear sights.

There IS a weak point on some models, that being the safety/decocker. The small pin that is milled into the lever has a tendency to shear off. If you do get one I would definitely get a replacement lever just in case. Especially if it will be an EDC gun.

I would look in your local pawn shops, the EE here, Craigslist, Backpage, and gun auction sites like GB and GA.

There are deals out there, you just have to be patient and do some research.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my 1986 Bulgy Makarov in 2008 for $275, including tax.

The Makarov is very simple, but it does show it's age. I have some spare parts for the few that can go bad, as well as others 'just in case'.

$600? Good grief, for that price I would look for a used P230 or P232.

I would check out gunbroker and see if there are any. There should be as quite a few of the Chinese, Russian, Bulgarian, and East Germany were imported.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
EG for 600 you say?..... That's tempting for mine, would be a good profit margin.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know why but makarovs turn up all the time at my local pawn shop. Last one was a commercial Russian (adjustable sights) for I think $285.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid a good bit of coin for my EG and feel it was well worth it.  Nice fit and finish and a real pleasure to shoot
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
EG Maks seem to be going for between $300-450 these days.  Those real high priced ones were likely in very nice condition or rarer years.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know why but makarovs turn up all the time at my local pawn shop. Last one was a commercial Russian (adjustable sights) for I think $285.
View Quote

Fair price.  I paid $250 for mine a few years ago.  Got it from friend along with some ammo, bullets and reloading dies.  A lot of people thumb their noses at the commercial Russians but mine has always gone bang and is surprisingly accurate.  Someone makes a replacement fixed rear sight.  I almost bought one but passed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EG for 600 you say?..... That's tempting for mine, would be a good profit margin.
View Quote

Just what I was thinking. I think I paid $180, IIRC, and I could use the cash right now......
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunbroker prices on these things have exploded.

You can still find them as used trade-ins in small gun stores for $200-$300 in good to excellent shape.  But you need to be in the right place at the right time.

Sometimes one pops up on the EE for a fair price,

I'm kicking myself for passing over several inexpensive maks in the past few years, but had to put money instead into guns that were going to be banned in my home state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I wouldn't never sold my East German and Bulgarian Makarov years ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top