Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 7:35:43 PM EDT
I'm looking at a Mauser P08 that looks in good condition (a little too good)  I can only see a L & R side view of the gun and it has Interarms import mark on it.  The only other thing I can see are the numbers "11.013727", not sure if that's the serial #.  Asking price is $1290.  Is a gun worth owning or should I pass and look for something else?

Update:

Ok, as far as places online to look, so far I've seen Simpson LTD, Guns International (checking Gun Boards now).  Are there any other sources I should look at?  I wanted to stay away from Gunbroker as I don't want to play in a bidding war.  Also, with sites like Simpson are they negotiable on their prices or do they feel like they have the upper hand in the game?  With GI, I haven't tried contacting anyone yet but I was wondering if anyone was negotiated a price with a seller that was advertising.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally would not pay $1290 for an imported P08.  More like the 6-700 range for me as it's only real value is as a shooter.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Comes with the box 2 mags and loading tool? Those were made in the 1970's by Mauser on old Swiss tooling. Very high quality and great shooter guns. They have been going up in value over the years, the last NIB one I bought was $500 or so. Go look at Simpsons LTD and deduct about 30% for a real value. These of course were imported by Interarms as they were the ones that contracted with Mauser in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I'm just starting to look at buying a Luger and don't know much about them.  I had a funny feeling this Interarms one was some sort of remake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked at the luger forum over on Gunboards? A lot of info there and a few other spots if you are in the market. At the very least you will know enough to know what you are buying and make sure you aren't getting ripped. Beware, if its not all matching I'd ask to shoot it first or for an inspection period as they aren't modern pistols in that sense and a lot of them, I've read, wont just slap together out of a box of parts and fire. I'm far from an expert though just been reading up myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top