Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 3:04:30 PM EDT
Anyone recommend some good books on the P38 and/or Luger? Best for info, best for photos, whichever. I know Jan Still's books are supposed to be amazing.....IF you can find them (and they're not cheap when you do). 

What else is out there?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Buxtons for the P-38. Still for lugers hands down. I have a spare set of Still books, but someone will bend over for them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just found out about Buxton (there's a P38 on Gunbroker right now that was apparently owned by him and written up in one of his books). I'll have to look around for those books. Looks like they're as pricey and hard to find as Still's 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Buxtons books are all over the place on eBay, from $65 to $125
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't think of eBay...I'll have a look over there too. Is there anything currently in print or available from Amazon that's worth the read?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Lugers at Random.

Fantastic book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0945828020?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I found mention of one that looked really good - "The P38 Pistol: Spreewerk Production" by Jan Balcar and Ron Clarin. Unfortunately it appeared to only be available from the author and Clarin sold out of them early this year (they were printed in 2012). Day late and a dollar short on that one.

All the good stuff seems to be out of print, so to eBay and the used market it is for me....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top