Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 4:35:30 PM EDT
I acquired a commercial C-96 this past weekend at the Tampa Gun Show.  I always wanter one but all I ever saw were some really nasty pitted up junk in the past.  Didn't know anything about them but it was too purdy to pass up.  I sure I gave way too much for it but "what the heck it's only money!"  LoL  Not a rust speck on it anywhere.  It's just like brand new.  It would not even action cause the cosmoline was hard and all caked up inside.  It does not have the lanyard ring on the bottom so I figured it a commercial model.  The serial number is 534xxx and is all matching as well as the stock case.  9mm with no "9" on the 12 line handles.  The barrel is "not" a step barrel.  The rear site is 50-1000 meters.  After total disassembly and cleaning it function checks very nice.  It looks like it may have only had one shot fired at the factory because I can see a very slight primer stain on the bolt face.  The left side has the large Mauser banner with serial number on the left side barrel chamber.  Best I can figure is that it's an M30 transitional because of the 9mm caliber and 50-1000 meter site.  It's really hard for me to nail it down cause I only know what my very recent research is telling me.  Can anyone chine in with any info on this Mauser?  Will post some pics later this evening.

Bad pictures.  Gotta find a better place to take pics!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
From where to where do you measure the barrel's length?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From where to where do you measure the barrel's length?
View Quote
stick a rod down the barrel and when it contacts the breech face measure it at the muzzle?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

stick a rod down the barrel and when it contacts the breech face measure it at the muzzle?
View Quote
Thanks.  The barrel is exactly 5" long.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Too high for a Prussian contract "red 9", yet too low for M1930.

By serial number I'd expect it to be a Bolo model.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Too high for a Prussian contract "red 9", yet too low for M1930.

By serial number I'd expect it to be a Bolo model.
View Quote
That's the same problem I'm having with trying to understand which model I have.  Maybe the factory used left over parts to make a complete pistol.  Anyway it's a brand new pistol and I hope to shoot this puppy soon.  Maybe the red 9 marking was only on military and not on commercial pistols.  The 80 year old man, that I bought it from, said it just sat in his safe for the last 40 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top