Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 11:44:28 PM EDT
My LGS has a P08 in .30 luger lots of non matching parts but is a decent price I think $425 should I take a gamble on it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
At that price if it functions properly go for it. That said the gun can be finicky if the mis matched parts are not fitted properly. Also know that most modern made 30 Luger ammo will not cycle the gun reliably. So you may have to re spring it or hand load for it. If you load for it 90gr fmj's are hard to find, but you can load 32 cal  bullets.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
is there a way to rebarrel one to shoot 9mm? that might solve most of the issues?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, new barrels are available. Tom Heller or Ted Green aka Thor340 on this board should be able to do it.
Heller Arms Ltd.                        
                        Post Office Box 398

Saint Charles, M0 63302

ph | 636-447-3006

[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks i'll look into it
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
So I missed out on the gun but the new owner stopped in a few days ago at my shop found out it's receiver is of 1918 was a DWM toggle but most of other parts were from a navy luger no import marks and was restored by a hans something (you guys could figure that out) I guess he was a big restorer back in the day the guy estimated the gun being $1000 to $1200 oh well should have been a buy first ask questions later thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top